OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

And so it begins...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And so it begins...
    Posted: January/22/2012 at 14:24
playoff games determined as much by referees as by actual play...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 14:58
Which play are you talking about?

I personally am rooting for Baltimore for the first game.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 15:36
I think it was the first penalty in the game... a "he's touching me" call against Baltimore.  Defender clearly did not interfere with the receiver's abilty to catch the ball... actually tried to avoid contact, got a "he's touching me.." call.  BS.  Let them play football or just have a vote and award it to the "favorite" team. 

I want Rollerball... no penalties, no timeout, no substitutions...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 15:44
Now that would be a good football game.  They can't hardly tackle now without a penalty.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 15:47
"Heee's touchinnnng meeeeee..."

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 16:56
That was a dumb play on the Ravens part just now.  

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:20
Go Niner's! 

Think NY wins, but I love those kids who play in the Bay. That game last week with the Ain'ts was epic! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:23
Well, that was disappointing!  Guess I better go try out for kicker after seeing that.  Sure my soccer skills will help.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:25
Ya that was really disappointing, drop a touchdown pass and then miss a field goal.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:32
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Ya that was really disappointing, drop a touchdown pass and then miss a field goal.

That was a great defensive play to knock that ball loose in the end zone. Pat's showed they are NOT invincible today though.   
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:33
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Absolutely STUPID... should be "Chokehold"...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:39
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Go Niner's! 

Think NY wins, but I love those kids who play in the Bay. That game last week with the Ain'ts was epic! 

Only game I've ever pulled for the 49ers.  Won't be pulling for them today.  Pretty much hate them.  If they win, it'll be another "superbowl" I have no reason to watch, no reason to care about the outcome...

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 17:45
As long as NE loses in the SB I will be happy.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:16
Eating peppered 3-cheese colby jack and Cajun smoke Coho salmon... from this point forward, I really don't care anymore...If the Giants win, I'll watch the superbowl, if they lose, I'll be coyote hunting...

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:17
   Bucky
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:25
If only the ravens had a real NFL quarterback leading a real NFL offense being able close out a game with real NFL receivers backed up by a real NFL kicker... they just might have a real NFL team to win the games that count. LOL
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:27
At least you are getting a good meal for the game KB.  I don't really care who wins this game.  Giants kept Dallas out, so I would like to see them lose, but at the same time they do so well, I would like to see them win.  Hopefully it is a good game.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:32
How you liking the game, Mike 6 Fiddy? 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:32
For me it's a toss up between Giants and Steelers if the Cowboys are not "in"... they are winners and I like winners...  I like Oakland, will always "pull" for them (unless they are playing the above mentioned), but more because of the former "bad boys of football" than anything recent...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2012 at 18:42
Raider's had Jack Tatum, Gene Atkinson, and an assorted bad ass's on defense. They were brutal. 

Best defense I've witnessed in my life time is the '86 Giant's. Taylor, Banks, Carson, Marshall, Burt, and Pepper Johnson. 
I'd love to believe the '85 Bears were, but I digress. The Giants were suffocating and Taylor is the best OL that's ever played...IMHO.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic