OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2012 Vortex Crossfire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd2498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Vortex Crossfire
    Posted: January/17/2012 at 06:21
I see SWFA has the 2012 Vortex Crossfire's listed on their website, does anyone know for sure if they actually have them in stock? I would like to try one out.

I thought they were not out yet?

Also anybody know where there may be a Vortex Viper 2x7x32 for sale?

Thanks!
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:18
We do not have the the new Crossfire Scopes in stock yet. The best chance of finding a Viper 2-7 would be for sale on a forum like this, the Samplelist, or maybe ebay. It is going to be hard to find one as no one wants to get rid of them so, you will have to be patient and keep your eyes open.

Edited by Chris Farris II - January/17/2012 at 08:23
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 07:40
best bet is to call them and ask, 1 972 SCOPE IT or 1-972-726-7348
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:18
We do not have the the new Crossfire Scopes in stock yet. The best chance of finding a Viper 2-7 would be for sale on a forum like this, the Samplelist, or maybe ebay. It is going to be hard to find one as no one wants to get rid of them so, you will have to be patient and keep your eyes open.

Edited by Chris Farris II - January/17/2012 at 08:23
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
johnd2498 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnd2498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:44

Well let me ask this:

Just bought a new T/C Venture Predator in .308, this is going to be a dual purpose rifle, coyotes but more a deer rifle for me.

I bought it because first of excellent reviews and it's a nice light, shorter rifle that will be nice luggin in the woods, plus I really like the Max-1 camo, dont have to worry about it getting scratched up.

I am looking for a scope that wont break the bank but if possible can also serve as a dual purpse scope, when deer hunting my longest shot will be 100 yards max.

I will be doing some coyote hunting and may shoot out to 300 yards max.

I know this a lot to ask but has anybody had something similiar to this?

Thank you
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:52
This scope right here would be hard to beat for that application. They also make a 3-15 if you would like a little more magnification.

johnd2498 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd2498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:56
That looks like a really, really sweet scope but I am looking for something a little cheaper, $250.00 or cheaper, times are tight.

Thanks!
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:59
johnd2498 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd2498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:05
Thats nice, sent you a PM
gorenut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2012 at 01:26
I'm interested in the new Crossfire as well. I'm in the market for a budget scope and I really like Vortex's CS. I'm looking for either a 1-4x or a 2-7x. Originally I was going to go for a Burris Fullfield II, but the new Crossfire caught my eye. I emailed Vortex about it and I got a very vague "the quality is near the Diamondback, call if you'd like more info" answer about it. I wish I didn't miss the ship on the Vortex Viper closeout.
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2012 at 06:47
Unless the new Crossfires are a huge, and I mean huge step up from the previous ones, you'd be much much better off with a FFII or a Diamondback.
gorenut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2012 at 11:31
Originally posted by slowr1der slowr1der wrote:

Unless the new Crossfires are a huge, and I mean huge step up from the previous ones, you'd be much much better off with a FFII or a Diamondback.

This is the reply that I got
Quote The new Crossfires will have much better eye relief and a larger eye box.  Along with upgrades to the optics and internal workings, very close in quality to the Diamondback series.
Might be best to call and discuss the differences in more detail if you like.

Take care
Tim
Vortex Optics

I can get brand new Burris FFIIs 2-7x for $130 shipped. So far.. this seems the best cost to benefit ratio. I'd still like to see what improvements the new Crossfire has and if anyone does a thorough review of it.
gorenut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2012 at 11:49
As a total side note, someone also offered me a Burris FF E1 for 125, but its 3-9x. I'm really looking for 1-4x or 2-7x.
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2012 at 10:43
If you pass on the E1 for $125 and they still want to sell it, let me know. I'd be interested as I've been wanting a E1 for a while now to do a review on. I've had several FFII's but never an E1. 
gorenut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2012 at 12:32
Originally posted by slowr1der slowr1der wrote:

If you pass on the E1 for $125 and they still want to sell it, let me know. I'd be interested as I've been wanting a E1 for a while now to do a review on. I've had several FFII's but never an E1. 

I think he's gonna charge an extra $10 for shipping. Nonetheless, I asked him for his email address. I'll send it your way once he replies and you two can contact each other directly.
gorenut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorenut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2012 at 14:45
Just thought I'd like you to know.. he replied back and decided to keep it for his 11 year old. At least its going to a good cause. 
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2012 at 14:49
No problem, thanks for letting me know. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic