OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

a Jack Daniels Fishing story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a Jack Daniels Fishing story
    Posted: January/16/2012 at 07:48
A Jack Daniels Fishing Story  

Jim went fishing this morning but after a short time he ran out of worms. Then he saw a    cottonmouth moccasin snake with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite him with the frog in his mouth, Jim grabbed the snake right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in his bait bucket.  

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, Jim grabbed his bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. Jim released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.  

A little later, he felt a nudge on his foot. There was that same snake with two more frogs in its mouth.  

Life is good in the South.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2012 at 11:43
Silly snakes. We all know Crown is better than JD! LOL. Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 06:32

He was a low budget snake...

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 07:26
Excellent  Oldie but a goodie
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:11

Another good one.....

A fisherman was sitting on the edge of a creek with his line in the water when a frog jumped up next to him and spoke.  It said  "Kiss me and I'll turn into a beautiful princess and fullfill your every wish"  He looked at the frog and picked it up and put it in his tackebox.  A few minutes later the frog yelled through the tacklebox again the same thing.  The fisherman just kept on fishing.  A little while later the same thing more yelling, so the fisherman put down his pole opened the tacklebox and said to the frog - "Listen I can go to any bar I want and after a few drinks I can get a women to come home with me and do the same as you say you can if I kiss you so truthfully I'd just rather have a talking frog that a princess"
Shelley@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:16

I am terrified of frogs!!! (but not snakes) lol

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:26
HUH??? Shocked
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:48

The story had frogs in it....

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:57
I meant HUH...Frogs but not snakes?!!?

There has to be a story behind this one, can we hear it please?

BTW, Hi I'm Bud, haven't formally introduced myself Howdy
Resident PIA and comic relief..... Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 08:59
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I meant HUH...Frogs but not snakes?!!?

There has to be a story behind this one, can we hear it please?

BTW, Hi I'm Bud, haven't formally introduced myself Howdy
Resident PIA and comic relief..... Bucky And sheep connoisseur
Added the most important part
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:01
Whoops forgot that part....

Thanks

Lambchop! Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:30
My black lab had been acting funny for two days, walking stiff backed and strange. I had no idea what was wrong with him. The next evening I sat on edge of my bed while on phone with my husband and stepped in a thick black substance full of cricket parts that was under the dust ruffle.  Screaming like a banche my son enters the room and lifts my bed and something jumps out from underneath!!!!!
A huge gross toad that apparently my lab and swallowed and then threw up which made the toad throw up all his cricket parts that i stepped in!!!!  My vet said there are posioness toads around and thats why my lab, Ruger was acting paralyzed. Meanwhile my son thought this hysterical with me screaming and hoping around and my husband terrified of my screams and not knowing what was going on !!!! LOLYippee

Thats just one creepy frog encounter!!! EEEKKKKKK !
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 09:38
I was going to guess something like a cane toad encounter.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:02
You had to have been there!  If it had crawled up in bed with me I would have stroked out!!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:04

was it still alive?

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:15
YES!!! and peed all over my freshly cleaned carpet as he was carried out! yuck
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:25

Somehow I think that would have been fun to watch.

trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:28
Roll on Floor Laughing..............Sorry, I couldn't help it. That's funny right there!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 10:29
Wink
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2012 at 12:04
Being from Florida, you couldn't get away from teh toads no matter how hard you tryied.  Most toads excrete a white milky substance if roughly handled which is mildly toxic.  makes dogs foam at the mouth and throw up....as you found out.  Some toads excrete a hallucinagenic.  Most of the truely deadly ones are frogs.  Most I believe are from South America.  Some can kill you just from being picked up.

American toads for the most part a good critters and eat lots of bugs!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic