OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Redfield 'scope parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redfield 'scope parts
    Posted: January/14/2012 at 13:52

I have a 38 year old Redfield Standard view 4X telescopic sight that I have managed to lose the caps for the windage and elevation adjustment.  Yes, both caps.  Have already tried Redfield and Gunbroker . No luck. Anybody have a suggestion as to where one might find replacements?

Shoot for the middle
mule3232 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule3232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2012 at 18:09
i am in the same boat please let me know if you find some and where?
i have a redfield illuminator 3x12x56mm
Nalgi View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nalgi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2013 at 00:04
I have the same problem
Chick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2013 at 11:47
That's the problem with the older Redfield scopes. Leupold does not have parts for the old scopes and does not repair them, either. They repair the new ones only.
Chick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2013 at 15:20
If you find a supplier or a repair shop, please share the info. Thanks.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2013 at 15:32
Just a thought but if I was trying to find some covers for one I would go to a gun show and look, and I would take the scope somewhere that sells scopes and try and see if the size and threads match up with something else because if you could find say a burris scope or a nikon scope etc that is current manufacture which uses the same thread and same size  then that might open a source for you to obtain some that would work.  My other thought is you could contact Kenton Industries and ask them if they know of a source this is close to their area of specialization. http://kentonindustries.com/ 
Other than that run a want add on craigslist saying you want an old redfield scope for parts does not need to be working condition and see if you get a hit.  If something works for you report back and help the other guys.  How close is it to the cap on a 2 liter pop bottle --- etc?  There has to be a fix you may have to think outside the box to get there.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2013 at 12:48
I have an extra set of Redfield caps which I bought (new) on Ebay. They do not fit all Redfield adjustment cap threads so make sure that they are for the correct model? Mine do fit the Illuminator's made in Denver.
CDR3
eurolynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurolynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2013 at 16:57
These guys bought-out all the remaining stock when they cleared the warehouse in Denver before Blount ran the Redfield name in the ground:

http://abousainc.com/
"Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic