OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Vortex Crossfire Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Vortex Crossfire Line
    Posted: January/11/2012 at 01:18
I'm planning on getting a new scope for my .270 win and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it for now (around $200).
I looked over the new line of crossfire scopes and they're very appealing. Do you experts think they will outperform the Nikon Buckmasters?? 
I really liked the new dials. Now they look like real scope dials, the ones on the older model seem a little cheap, but for the price of the scope you couldn't complain about it.

Edited by Prieto9000 - January/11/2012 at 01:24
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2012 at 01:27
Originally posted by Prieto9000 Prieto9000 wrote:

I looked over the new line of crossfire scopes and they're very appealing. Do you experts think they will outperform the Nikon Buckmasters?? 
I really liked the new dials. Now they look like real scope dials, the ones on the older model seem a little cheap, but for the price of the scope you couldn't complain about it.

When I was looking a scopes a couple months ago I liked most everything in that price range better than nikons.
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2012 at 08:16
Another thing to note is that the great Vortex warranty still applies.  Do some checking around for close out models...... You should be able to find a nice Vortex for below your $200 limit.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2012 at 10:59
Originally posted by FireEMT5 FireEMT5 wrote:

Another thing to note is that the great Vortex warranty still applies. Do some checking around for close out models...... You should be able to find a nice Vortex for below your $200 limit.
Agreed!
I would look into the Vortex Diamondback.
How far do you intend to shoot?
Are you planning to use this in the blind and punching paper on the table?
Or were you thinking about doing some spot and stalk?
You can get the Diamondback in a 3-9 or a 4-12 for under $200.00

Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope V-Plex Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope
Stock # - DBKM01P
  • Matte
  • V-Plex
  • 1"
$189.95
Add Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope to Cart

Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope Dead-Hold BDC Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope
Stock # - DBK01BDC
  • Matte
  • Dead-Hold BDC
  • 1"
$199.95
Add Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope to Cart

Vortex 4-12x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope V-Plex Vortex 4-12x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope
Stock # - DBKM04P
  • Matte
  • V-Plex
  • 1"
$189.95
Add Vortex 4-12x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope to Cart

Vortex 4-12x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope Dead-Hold BDC Vortex 4-12x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope
Stock # - DBK04BDC
  • Matte
  • Dead-Hold BDC
  • 1"
$199.95
Add Vortex 4-12x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope to Cart

Edited by Skylar McMahon - January/11/2012 at 11:00
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic