OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Zeiss Conquest Duralyt Line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Zeiss Conquest Duralyt Line
    Posted: January/03/2012 at 11:19

Carl Zeiss Introduces the New CONQUEST Duralyt Riflescope Line
CHESTER, Va., January 2, 2012 - Carl Zeiss Sports Optics introduces the new 30mm CONQUEST Duralyt Riflescope line available in 1.2-5x36, 2-8x42 and 3-12x50 models. Known for their reliability and precision, all three premium German-made models are available with illuminated reticle # 60 or non-illuminated reticle # 6, giving today's active hunter excellent options for most hunting situations. The distinctive design, durability and outstanding value of these 30mm scopes set them apart in the premium segment.

"We're excited to bring this new line of rugged, versatile 30mm CONQUEST riflescopes to the U.S. market," said Michael A. Jensen, President of Carl Zeiss Sports Optics. "We want to provide our customers with more choices, and the CONQUEST Duralyt represents the best value for a European engineered riflescope! These riflescopes feature the mechanical precision that you expect from ZEISS, large fields of view, incredible daylight illumination and image quality that is absolutely outstanding for this class. Simply put, the 30mm CONQUEST Duralyt offers exceptional performance at a very appealing price point."

The illuminated reticle #60 features an extremely fine red dot in the center of the crosshairs. When turned off, the dot disappears and it looks identical to reticle #6 (both are non-magnifying reticles in the second image plane). The daylight-visible illuminated reticle #60 was developed using fiber optic nanotechnology that produces the finest illuminated dot in its class - covering just 0.3 inches at 100 yards on 12x magnification. Illumination is activated, and brightness intensity controlled, by pressing one of the two touch keys on the eyepiece. After four hours of unaltered operation, the illuminated dot switches off automatically. For manual deactivation, both buttons must be pressed simultaneously.

The progressive design of the CONQUEST Duralyt also features a unique dark grey, anodized surface with deep black rubber operating elements to ensure that the scopes blend well into natural surroundings. The CONQUEST Duralyt scopes are also nitrogen filled to remain water and fog proof for years of hard use and enjoyment.
The three CONQUEST Duralyt models provide hunters and shooters with options for just about any situation afield. The CONQUEST Duralyt 1.2-5x36's low magnification and wide field of view allows for quick and safe target acquisition at close range making it an excellent choice for dangerous game and tactical applications.

The sleek and compact CONQUEST Duralyt 2-8x42 provides bright images in twilight and allows for accurate shooting at moderate distances exceeding 200 yards. This is the model of choice for those seeking a practical magnification range for various types of hunting.

The CONQUEST Duralyt 3-12x50 is the ideal choice for shooting medium to longer distances during the day or in twilight conditions. The 50mm objective allows for excellent low light performance and yet this scope is still lightweight enough for mountain hunters.

MSRP Retail

CONQUEST Duralyt 1.2-5x36, #6 $1,055.54 $949.99
CONQUEST Duralyt 1.2-5x36, illum #60 $1,388.88 $1,249.99
CONQUEST Duralyt 2-8x42, #6 $1,111.10 $999.99
CONQUEST Duralyt 2-8x42, illum #60 $1,444.43 $1,299.99
CONQUEST Duralyt 3-12x50, #6 $1,166.66 $1,049.99
CONQUEST Duralyt 3-12x50, illum #60 $1,499.99 $1,349.99

CONQUEST Duralyt Technical Specifications

1.2-5x36
2-8x42
3-12x50
Magnification
1.2-5x
2-8x
3-12x
Effective Lens Diameter
36 mm
42 mm
50 mm
Exit Pupil Diameter
16-7.7 mm
16.3-5.3 mm
16.3-4.2 mm
Twilight Factor
3.4-13.4
5.7-18.3
8.5-25.9
Field of View (ft/100 yds)
98.4 - 27.9
52.2 - 15.7
36.0 - 10.5
Diopter Range
+2 / -3 dpt
+2 / -3 dpt
+2 / -3 dpt
Eye Relief
3.54 in
3.54 in
3.54 in
Parallax Adjustment
109.4 yds
109.4 yds
109.4 yds
Square Adjustment Range (in/100 yds)
Adjustment Per Click (in/100 yds)
1/3
1/3
1/3
Center Tube Diameter
30 mm
30 mm
30 mm
Eyepiece Diameter
42 mm
42 mm
42 mm
Objective Lens Diameter
42 mm
48 mm
56 mm
ZEISS Multicoating
yes
yes
yes
Nitrogen Filled
yes
yes
yes
Reticle Image Plane
2nd
2nd
2nd
Length
11.88 in
11.88 in
13.66 in
Weight (non-illuminated)
16.57 oz
16.75 oz
18.87 oz
Weight (with illumination)
18.16 oz
18.34 oz
20.45 oz
Order Number (non-illuminated)
525401-9906
525411-9906
525421-9906
Order Number (with illumination)
525405-9960
515415-9960
525425-9960
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 11:21
Awesome.  1.2-5x.  Excellent
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 11:43
Yep Jason, Thats a perfect scope for your AR's or mineBig Grin  Is that what you were thinkin?
Actually I really will get the 3x12x50 for my 7-08 Sako with the Ilja barrel Ive ordered, although it may be to BIG for it..  Thinking You have some rifles it would not be to big for though, damn those scopes are going to be nice.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 12:38
No RapidZ options in this line?
-Matt
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 12:42
damn, i was hoping they would be more affordable.Wink
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 12:45
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

damn, i was hoping they would be more affordable.Wink

Yep, seems a might pricey.

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 12:47
i really like the choice of powers they are offering though. low power, a tweener and a mid range. kudos to zeiss. i like!Excellent
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 13:02
A little expensive for me too. I would look to the used market before spending in excess of $1000 on the Conquest line.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 15:38
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

No RapidZ options in this line?
I would hope they offer the Rapid Z also, Im not sure if they will or not.
I like this statement though-- The daylight-visible illuminated reticle #60 was developed using fiber optic nanotechnology that produces the finest illuminated dot in its class
I cannot wait to see one of these scopes and I would much prefer to buy true German Zeiss Scopes then a 1,000 Chinaman or Jap Made scope myself. A scope like this would last  forever probably.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 15:54
The 1.2-5x36 model is definitely very interesting.
That is a class of scopes that I do not see a whole lot these days.  I suppose it is a more compact re-imagining of the classic 1.5-6x42 designs.
Burris used to make a very nice 1.75-5x32 and Zeiss used to have a 1.5-5.5x38 Conquest.
The only remaining similar scope that I can think of off the top of my head (and that is decent) is Leupold 1.75-6x32 (actual magnificatino of 1.9-5.5x).
On paper, the Duralyt, while a bit bigger and heavier, should outperform the VX-3 by a comfortable margin, so it will likely have a niche all its own.  I like the wide field of view and the illumination also looks good, so we'll see.

ILya
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 16:22
30mm tube ?  Bummer, and not necessary on a hunting scope.  Leica can't give their's away.  
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 16:25
I much prefer the 30mm tubes just for looks a lone.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 16:28
I could care less about looks.  Hunting scopes and rifles are just a tool to me, and a 30mm tube adds nothing to the every day functionality of a hunting scope, not even one built for shooting 'yotes or prarie dogs at 900 yards.  
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 16:31
Well some of us do.  And we like the other benefits of the 30mm tube.  

Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 16:55
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

I could care less about looks.  Hunting scopes and rifles are just a tool to me, and a 30mm tube adds nothing to the every day functionality of a hunting scope, not even one built for shooting 'yotes or prarie dogs at 900 yards.  

In your opinion.  Some of the most beautiful scopes optically, such as the Premier 3-15, simply could not be built on 1” tubes.  If the optical elements would even fit at all, you would be left with zero room for adjustment so the only 900 yard shooting you’d be doing would have to be with reticle holdover.

I really don’t understand the phobia some seem to have against 30mm tubes.  In many brands (such as various models of Leupold) which are available in either 30mm or 1”, the 30mm adds virtually no weight, you can still mount them so the objective nearly hits the barrel, there’s no noticeable actual increase in “bulk,” etc.  The only thing I can come up with are some people really are that concerned with looks.  If so, that’s fine and there’s nothing wrong with it—just don’t pretend it’s something different.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 17:28
No phobia, just not necessary IMO.  900yds is no prob with the MOA or M1 turrets for the VX3 BTW.  If you're into looks, or generally in love with a 30mm tube, that's fine, just not my cup of tea.  In 40 yrs of big game and varmint hunting I've never needed a 30mm tube, or wished I had one.  I've been guiding hunters now for over 10 years.  I've never seen anyone show up to camp with a Premier 3-15 either.  
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 17:44
I think they have some great offerings there that should appeal to a variety of shooters and applications..

in short, I think they are speced well and priced right, especially if the glass is perhaps a tad better than the Conquest

looking forward to checking them out at SHOT and getting a hold of one!

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 17:46
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

900yds is no prob with the MOA or M1 turrets for the VX3 BTW. 

I wasn't aware they made a 3-15 on a 1" tube with optics equal to that of the Premier.  Or even close.  Apples and oranges. 
Quote If you're into looks, or generally in love with a 30mm tube, that's fine, just not my cup of tea.

I'm into function.  A 1" tube causes design compromises which directly affect function (not even going into the differences in strength, etc) which are less pronounced with a 30mm tube.   The only function you've been able to mention which a 1" tube adds is that you like them because 30mm's are "not necessary."  Your liking them is not a function which is useful to me.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 17:50
I do not particularly care about tube size, personally.  As a simple matter, I defer the decision on which tube size to use to the engineer who designs the scope.  If in order to provide the performance that I want at a price point that I can bear the designer of the scope needs to use a larger tube diameter, I could not care less.  

ILya
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2012 at 21:54
Originally posted by Jon A Jon A wrote:

I'm into function.  A 1" tube causes design compromises which directly affect function (not even going into the differences in strength, etc) which are less pronounced with a 30mm tube.   The only function you've been able to mention which a 1" tube adds is that you like them because 30mm's are "not necessary."  Your liking them is not a function which is useful to me.

No offense, but I don't give a ratsazz what's useful to you when considering what I like.  My hunters don't either.  Have a good one amigo!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic