OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mounting Leupold scope on Savage 30.06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounting Leupold scope on Savage 30.06
    Posted: February/11/2006 at 20:53
I just purchased a used Savage 30.06 with a Simmons scope and mount.  I ordered a new Leupold 3.5 x 10 x 40 scope.  When I go to mount the new scope can I mount it to the existing rings or is there somethings I need to take into consideration when mounting a new scope.  I have never mounted a scope before.  Thanks for your words of wisdom...
If we meet and you forget me you have lost nothing; but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him you have lost everything.
roborev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2006 at 18:35
Not sure if I am asking the right questions.  Is mounting a scope as easy as attaching the rings and scope and then sighting it in at the range or will I have to have it bore sighted before I take it to the range?  ANY info is a big help at this point.  Scope should be arriving any day now and I have a boar hunt scheduled in a week and a half ...thanks for your help.
If we meet and you forget me you have lost nothing; but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him you have lost everything.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2006 at 19:11

Welcome.

Friend, I think you need to take your weapon into a "trusted" gunsmith and let him sight it in for you.

You have a hunt scheduled and it would behoove you to let someone else do it. 

There's too much to explain for us to really help you.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
roborev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2006 at 15:32
Scope mounted and ready for the range to be fine tuned.  Thanks, cheaptrick, for the advice well given.  Called a gunsmith once my scope arrived and set up an appointment.  Now I am setup and once sighted in am ready for my boar hunt! 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2006 at 16:02

Originally posted by roborev roborev wrote:

Scope mounted and ready for the range to be fine tuned.  Thanks, cheaptrick, for the advice well given.  Called a gunsmith once my scope arrived and set up an appointment.  Now I am setup and once sighted in am ready for my boar hunt! 

Outstanding!!

Please come back and tell us how you like the new setup. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic