OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Classic extreme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Classic extreme
    Posted: December/29/2011 at 01:03

I'm looking for some feedback on the Weaver Classic extreme scopes, if any of you had the chance to  check them out I'd like to know what you thought about them, thanks

martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2011 at 06:49
I have 2 ..both 2-10 x50's .. 30mm tubes ... excellent so far and no issues .. good battery life also .. two thumbs up ..

Edited by martin3175 - December/29/2011 at 06:53
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2011 at 08:18
I had one that I sold with a rifle a last summer(2.5-10x50 #4 ). They are great scopes. Very good glass and great low light performance. I would put them right with my Conquests or 4200s for my style of hunting. The eye relief is great.  I bought mine for less than $300 and it's the best scope I have ever had for that kind of cash.
The only negatives I had with it which are small............it was pretty heavy,bulky, and the finish is very easy to scratch/blemish up.

My buddy bought one at the same time in the 2.5-10x56 and I did some testing in low light and found it equal to the 50mm. He put his on a Remington 700 .243 with a short barrel. I would not have done that myself due to the size and weight but he loves it.
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2012 at 18:44
I have a 2.5-10x50 #4 reticle. Nice clarity and good low light performance. It was a closeout a few years back for under $300. I noticed that a new set of Weaver CE scopes are being sold at closeout. I can't decide which 6-24x50 or 8-32x50. 
Ernie Bishop View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2012 at 19:00
If you are looking a competitor, some of those are closeouts and some are  signature scopes for the company alone, that Weaver does not even have all the specs for.

Edited by Chris Farris II - February/13/2012 at 10:55
Ernie

"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water."
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2012 at 19:13
Originally posted by Ernie Bishop Ernie Bishop wrote:

If you are looking a competitor, some of those are closeouts and some are  signature scopes for the company alone, that Weaver does not even have all the specs for.
For the money these scopes are an excellent deal. My CE has held up for a couple of years on a .300 WSM. The 6-24x50 should be my next purchase.

Edited by Chris Farris II - February/13/2012 at 10:55
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic