OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Toy-Pics added

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Toy-Pics added
    Posted: December/23/2011 at 20:15

Found a Tikka T3 stainless 6.5x55 NIB . Overpaid a little but I had to have it . I ordered a tan Bell and Carlson medalist stock for it (which has an integrated recoil lug built into the aluminum bedding block BTW). And I went with Luepold standard bases and rings and put my 4200 2.5-10x40 firefly scope on it. Haven't shot it yet but I am fired up. I will try to put some pic's up after x-mas !!

Edited by cbm - December/27/2011 at 13:58
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2011 at 18:54
Sounds like it outta get the job done. Congrats.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2011 at 21:38
Nice. Waiting patiently for some pictures.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 08:17
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 08:18
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 08:18
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 08:56
Excellent
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 11:24

^^^^  +1 !!

Any idea what she weighs?
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 13:11
Very nice! Good looking setup.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 14:03
Thanks. I thought it turned out well. Not sure on the wieght but I will see if I can weigh it before too long. I think I read that the Medalist stock would add almost 1/2# so it would put the rifle still just under 7#. I would guess that the whole package is right under 8# or right at 8#. But it would be interesting to see, it feels great though/very well balanced and comfortable. If it shoots good, my Cooper might see very little hunting action anymore. Big Grin
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 18:43
What barrel contour is that, and what length?  Eight lbs isn't too bad.  

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 19:22
It a standard/factory barrel, not sure what their contour is. Factory they weigh 6 3/16# and have a 22 7/16" barrel. The BC stock should add 1/2# and the scope weighs 1#. Should put it right at 7.8# + rings and bases.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2011 at 21:09
Nice looking rig!

I recently found a Savage 111 w/ accutrigger in 7mag for a price I could not pass up.  I believe a Bell and Carlson will be going on it as well.  How did the fitting go with it?  I was unaware they were making stocks for the Tikka now.
-Matt
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2011 at 07:04
I didn't know they were making them until recently. It's the only reason I bought another T3 lite. I didn't like the stock on my previous one and sold the gun. I liked everything but the stock. So when I saw the BC stocks for them and ran across a 6.5x55(what I really really wanted).......I had to get them.

It fits great. I had to wiggle a little to get the recoil lug to seat, then it bolted right up. I checked it with a dollar bill and it cleared easy all the way to the chamber.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2011 at 07:10
Great looking rig, Sir! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2011 at 08:47
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Great looking rig, Sir! 
I concur
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2011 at 19:09
Broke it in tonight.......doe at 125yrds with a Win 140 sp. She ran about 50yrds with the biggest bloodtrail I have seen in a while. Exit wound was literally big enough to put my fist in ! I shot Federal fusions in my last 6.5X55  but never got an exit like this and this was just a lung/ribcage shot!
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2012 at 07:17
Try the Hornady 129g SST in that little lady and I bet you'll love it.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2012 at 08:56
nice!
it's the first Tikka pic I have seen in a BC stock

The Nosler 280AI I have uses one, it's a nice stock

That's a nice setup man!
congrats
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2012 at 14:54
Near a year later how are you liking this setup???

6.5x55 is a cartridge that will never go away you just cannot beat it I don't care what people say it is the best of the 6.5's
No one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic