OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon Accu-Pin Bow Sight.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 09:44
What about the spine?
Heavy or light?
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 09:44
Its still new to you. Shoot it more and you will get the hang of it. I'm betting you were the same way with the pin's. Your eyes,mind,arms,aim point are still trying to figure out whats new in the muscle memory of the new site. Sound funny but it happens. Also don't shot for groups!!! have you ever shot a group on a live animal? find spot and hit those spots. Groups are a bad thing in archery, they will make you do thing in your shot form you normaly wouldn't do and you don't know your doing it.

Take 5 2 liter coke bottle tops. tape,glue them on the target in different spot. start @ 20yards. shoot one, then move back to 30 , shoot one more, then 35 shot another, then 40 and 45. see if the arrow is missing to the same side or going all over the place. That will tell you if its something you ned to work on or if something needs to be ajusted.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 09:53
I"ll give that a whirl this weekend BD.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 10:00
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Take 5 2 liter coke bottle tops. tape,glue them on the target in different spot. start @ 20yards. shoot one, then move back to 30 , shoot one more, then 35 shot another, then 40 and 45. see if the arrow is missing to the same side or going all over the place. That will tell you if its something you ned to work on or if something needs to be ajusted.

That is actually a really good exercise, I need to do that more, now that you have reminded me, thanks Brandon.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 10:45
Sure, Just shoot one at a time and take your time. It will also keep you from viewing two targets ( the X and the other arrow) on your shot and will let you hone on one. Kinda keep your field of view in check.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 11:14
There's another technique that you can do for your rest, if you have a drop away.

If you take a piece of paper and draw a circle in the center.
Then take a string and weigh it down, with a wrench or something.

Then walk about three yards away and try to hit the small dot.
If's it's left, adjust your rest to the left.
If it's right, adjust your rest, to the right.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 11:17
yeah simple paper tuning is all that is. you don't need a circle drawn. Just see what way the ass of the arrow is flying and move the rest that way. you should have a hole with 3 little tears. but don't put to much into it. You can have a prefect paper hole and still not be tuned right.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 11:19
Right Brandon, but the dot is for me.
I put my point on the dot for reference.
Aiming for the same place everytime.
Just trying to keep it simple.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2012 at 20:35
Dang, I am going to have to get a job at SWFA just to be able to play with that sight at that price.  WOW  Looks like a cool sight, but not sure I could fork that out right now with the rail grabber.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2012 at 07:58
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

Dang, I am going to have to get a job at SWFA just to be able to play with that sight at that price.  WOW  Looks like a cool sight, but not sure I could fork that out right now with the rail grabber.
Helo-
We have two on the SL, one of them is on my bow for now.
I'm waiting for the camera to come back from the shop, so I can re-do the video.

Trijicon

Stock # Product Description Price
SPL15065 Trijicon AccuPin Bow Sight Kit DEMO-B
Click to view BW50GBL, Green Triangle
$389.95
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 11:27
Brandon-
When are we doing this?
I'm ready.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:02
I'll get on it and see whats up comming in the next few months to where we might be able to meet.
I'm ready to shoot or do something anyways.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:03
What did you think about that video on FB.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:06
ridding high video?

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:06
Yeah
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:08
I like it. I seen it awhile back. Nice and catch'y

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:08
It is that, there from around you right?

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:16

They are from south Ga. i think.

I use to go on the christmas eve run every year. They would be 400 jacke dup trucks like that. anything from junkers to full blown trucks. all to play in the mud. was always fun. I haven't been in a while.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:17
I know of some rally's like that, but I have never been.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2012 at 13:22
There a blast, alot of good ol'boys and there bad ass "how did they get her" GF and wifes.

Mudding cost to much money. last time I really went mudding cost me alittle over 10,000. That was years ago. I had a 84 K5 blazer sitting on 40's with a built 383 in it. before the night was out i had ripped the rear end out and was running on the front drive shaft and blew the botton end out of the motor. So after 2 back ho tracters a few wreckers and alot of mud digging.I made it home 2 days later. Its amazing what you can stick in an abondon rock quarie ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic