OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

konus 3x12x50 pro-plus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: konus 3x12x50 pro-plus
    Posted: December/14/2011 at 08:05
I finally got this scope in and got it setup. I'm actually very happy with this scope. The glass is pretty decent i can actually compare it to the swifts i own and almost as good as the vortex viper i got last weekend. I zeroed this scope and ended up shooting 40 rounds that day and it held perfectly. The etched reticle is pretty cool but the illumination is a little tricky. The reason i say that is because of the glare inside the scope at low light but on low it is manageable. So long story short it is a pretty good scope for the money but now im waiting on the bushy 4200. Cant wait to compare all of them at one time..
michael hudson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 07:57
ON thing you can do to help the illumination is use a slighltly weaker battery.  Does it take a 2032?  Try a 2015 or soemthing like that.  Theres a thread somewhere about that but I'm not sure where.
michael l View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 08:30
thank u for the suggestion..not sure of battery type but i will check it out shortly.
michael hudson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 08:35
michael l View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 09:34
thank u thats a very interesting read..but to be honest im not to handy dealing with small electrical items lol. i believe ill just use the low settings
michael hudson
michael l View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2011 at 20:46
Ok guys a quick update about the konus 3x12x50. I've had this scope for about 2 weeks now and i've shot several hundred rounds through the 243 i have it mounted on. So far it has held zero perfectly and i say the glass is close to the swift,nikon and pretty close to my vipers quality. What has truly amazed me was the low light shots..i tried the lighted reticle and on low they help some but on high it puts off a glare in the scope. I'm not sure why they added the feature because i could see the reticle at low light.So for what its worth i believe i got a great deal on this and i'm pretty sure my son will have many years of use from this setup hunting.
michael hudson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic