OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Romo vs "the Cowboys"...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 11:15
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

It pains me to say this, but I'm through with the Dallas Cowboys, despite the fact I've been a Cowboys fan all my life, through the ups and downs, the hardships and the high points, and despite the fact I'm a huge Jason Witten fan. I just can't take the lack of heart, lack of discipline, and lack of leadership anymore. I've got better things to do with my time than watch that perennially underachieving team. I'd much rather watch a 1-15 Cowboys team during a rebuilding era whose players are showing promise and playing their guts out.

Romo isn't a winner when the chips are down. Garret isn't a top tier coach. The offensive line sucks. Rob Ryan obviously sucks as a defensive coordinator, just as his brother sucks as a head coach. I wouldn't hire any of the Ryan family from their dad on down to coach a high school team. Jerry and Co. aren't good evaluators of talent and need to stick to managing the business aspect and let real coaches and "football guys" make on-field and personnel decisions. Jerry is an arrogant asshat who thinks he can keep fielding a crap product and fill the stands. Well, I guess he's been correct on that assumption, but oh, how I wish it weren't so and people would stop showing up for home games and support uninspired mediocrity. Jerry is the modern incarnation of Al Davis.

The Dallas Cowboys SUCK!

Go Broncos!

i agree with you ted, i was cowboys fan in the jay novicek troy aikman emmitt smith days, but now its a sham.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 11:18
Me too, brother. Those years are long gone. I don't think it's possible to assemble that much talent on one team anymore.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 11:25
bad owners field bad teams..... look at the steelers and the patriots for example.... they constantly have been able to have decent teams and coaches for years and years.. i firmly believe it all starts with the owners.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 12:34
Yep. I agree.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 15:08
I was a fan of Dandy Don, Craig Morton and Roger "The Dodger" Staubach...  I didn't see this last game, I was at work, but I'm glad I didn't... only saw "the Bleacher Report" updates.  Sad, pathetic team compared to what it has been and still could be.  Jerry Jones sucks and he has pulled the team down with him.  He is to the Cowboys what Obama is to America...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 15:13
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I was a fan of Dandy Don, Craig Morton and Roger "The Dodger" Staubach...  I didn't see this last game, I was at work, but I'm glad I didn't... only saw "the Bleacher Report" updates.  Sad, pathetic team compared to what it has been and still could be.  Jerry Jones sucks and he has pulled the team down with him.  He is to the Cowboys what Obama is to America...

yeah that pretty much sums it up dan. i agree..
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic