OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Talley lightweight rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medicine Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talley lightweight rings
    Posted: February/09/2006 at 19:17

This is my first post to Optics Talk but I've been reading the posts for sometime and have enjoyed the wealth of information that can be gleaned from its pages.  Now to my question:

I recently purchased a Browning A-bolt Medallion in 300 WSM and after much research (both here and from other sources) have decided to mount a Burris Signature Select 4x-16x AO scope with posi-lock to the gun.  I have also researched scope rings and bases and based on many recommendations, feel the Talley Lightweight Aluminum 1" Scope Mounts are what I want.  The question I have is what height should I purchase, medium or high.  I want my scope bell as close to the barrel as possible, but still be able to put BC flip-up lens covers on the scope.  I appreciate any help/recs I can get in this matter and look forward to the responses.

Primum nocere
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2006 at 19:50

Welcome, MM!!

You may want to try this question in the "Rifle Scope Forum", where it will attract more responses.

You were right in coming to this forum for your question, but us OT'ers consider "Rings and Bases" the basement.

Good shooting!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Medicine Man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medicine Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2006 at 22:23
Thanks.  Appreciate the advice.  Will re-post in the rifle scope forum
Primum nocere
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic