OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for 10FP LE1 308.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2011 at 20:27
The 16X Suits my budget the best i think anyway... It has a parrallax which is all i really want. If it has glass close to my $200 dollar bushnell ill be happy with it for a long time. Thanks for your 2 cents
Old Mil ftw
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2011 at 13:50
Hey man I dont know if you do any reloading but if you do here is the load that I worked up for my rifle that shoots VERY well. Give it a try and see if your rifle likes it too..

168 grain AMAX
45.5 grains Varget powder
Bench Rest 2 primers
Hornady brass
COAL 2.85
Dont take yourself to seriously
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2011 at 15:48
After i get a better scope reloading was my next step so thanks for the input!!! Ive decided to get a SWFA SS 10x scope When i get my tax return haha!!! So i should be set then!!! I dont know what base and rings to buy tho. Gunsmith put some on my rifle when i got it and he said thatll work... however they are only one allen screw and not very wide the bases are split bases... If anyone has any input on bases and rings im all ears...
Old Mil ftw
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2011 at 17:37
-Matt
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2011 at 20:33
Thanks those look much better than what i have... Someone mentioned these below as being good whats the input on them? Baseless mounts?

http://swfa.com/Savage-C2580.aspx

Old Mil ftw
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2011 at 21:07
Talley's are great mounts, but the TPS are better suited to a tactical rig, IMO, if for looks alone.
-Matt
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2011 at 23:52
Talley one piece is a good solid mount for a hunting rifle and while not commonly used for a tactical rifle they seem quite solid and mine have held up well.  Tactical rifles typically have a picatinny rail and rings that attach to that.  There are a number of good rings for a picatinny rail.  The TPS is a good ring at a reasonable price but its not the only good ring. THe list these days seems unending.  I primarily use Badger Ordnance or Talley and La Rue Tactical if I need quick detach,  but I have tried others and even the Warn rings are pretty solid once they are on and I like their little t handle torque wrench.  The truth is that any of these rings listed below will be pretty darn sturdy and so would a few others probably.  The Aadland and the Badger both come in a six screw version and that is the toughest of the true tactical rings.  
Warne Maxima Permanent Attach 30mm Rings Warne Maxima Permanent Attach 30mm Rings
Stock # - 214M2
  • Matte
  • Medium
$44.95 
US Optics 30mm Rings US Optics 30mm Rings
Stock # - USORNG303
  • Matte
  • Medium (1.1")
  • 3/4" Thick
$203.95 
SWFA SS-Tac 30mm / 1 SWFA SS-Tac 30mm / 1" Rings
Stock # - SS30M
  • Picatinny MIL-STD-1913
  • Matte
  • Medium
  • 30mm
  • Comes with 1" Inserts
$37.95 
IOR Heavy Duty Tactical 30mm Rings IOR Heavy Duty Tactical 30mm Rings
Stock # - 730128
  • Matte
  • Medium (.500")
  • Steel
$99.95 
EGW Tactical Aluminum 30mm Rings EGW Tactical Aluminum 30mm Rings
Stock # - EGW61101
  • Matte
  • Medium (.990")
$119.95 
ARMS #22M Throw Lever 30mm Rings ARMS #22M Throw Lever 30mm Rings
Stock # - ARMS22M
  • Matte
  • Medium (1.15")
  • 30mm
$118.95 
Aadland Triple Lug 30mm Rings Aadland Triple Lug 30mm Rings
Stock # - AAD30M    Tank
  • Matte
  • Medium (0.95")
  • Aluminum
  • Three Lug
  • Picatinny
$129.95 
Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 30mm Rings Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 30mm Rings
Stock # - 30620
  • Matte
  • Medium (.885")
$167.95 
Badger Ordnance 30mm Scope Rings Badger Ordnance 30mm Scope Rings
Stock # - 30652
  • Matte
  • Medium (.885")
  • Alloy
$167.95 
Leupold Mark 4 30mm Rings Leupold Mark 4 30mm Rings
Stock # - LEU57398
  • Matte
  • Medium
  • Aluminum
$149.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 10:01
If you are going with tac. style rings, don't forget the rail. I suggest this one.

Savage

TPS XP Tactical 1 Piece Base
Stock # - TPS20300
  • Savage Accu-Trigger Right Hand Short Action (except the Savage Model 12 Target Models (12 Bench, 12 F Class, 12 F/TR, 12 Palma))
  • Alloy Steel
  • 0 MOA

Fits:

• Savage Accu-Trigger Right Hand Short Action (except the Savage Model 12 Target Models (12 Bench, 12 F Class, 12 F/TR, 12 Palma))
Be the first to submit a review on this product!
Review and Rate this Item
Troy Leighton
This is a picture of my .243 Ackley I...
Read more »

TPS XP Tactical 1 Piece Base

$64.95
 Add
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 10:03
But the Talley's will work just fine. 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 10:31
Looks like what i have on there is pretty sub par. I like the idea of the single mount tally rings. I like the look of the picatanny rail but some of these companies seem a little too proud of a small piece of aluminum... IMO Id love to shoot 500+ But 500 is as far as i can get right now! My neighbor is nice enough to let me shoot from our land over his crick and into a hillside with a max range of about 600... I think the Tally single mounts for the price will work just fine and with ImaginaryFrnd saying they are pretty good i think thatll be my choice! Thanks again for the nfo everyone.
Old Mil ftw
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 10:47
Kinda late to the party here, but I've found with scopes 10X and less parallax hasn't been a problem. Sounds like the 10X HD will work well based on your past experience although either it or the 3-9 would not be enough magnification for me to work out @ 1000 yards and shoot well enough to match the capability of the rifle. Ideally, you'd have something in the 3-15 or 4-16 range with quality glass.

Shoot out to 500-600 until you're good and sick of it, meanwhile saving up for something more flexible. Really, I find I get more out of going to the range on a crappy, cold day when it's really windy (max. 300) than I ever have setting up for longer distances. Range time of any kind is good.
Reaction time is a factor...
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 22:19
The Bushnell that i have the reticle is constantly getting this gold look to it and its hard to see, ive tried every focus trick ive read about, i know the focus isnt a parrallax but why does the reticle turn gold? ... and the bottom line from the last mil dot to the thick post isnt connected it looks like this /... I dont know how good Bushnells warranty is on the scope but i think the reticle is messed up i just never used it while i was enlisted i didnt even have it with me...Bought the whole rig in 08 and finally took it hunting this fall!
Old Mil ftw
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2011 at 22:21
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Kinda late to the party here, but I've found with scopes 10X and less parallax hasn't been a problem. Sounds like the 10X HD will work well based on your past experience although either it or the 3-9 would not be enough magnification for me to work out @ 1000 yards and shoot well enough to match the capability of the rifle. Ideally, you'd have something in the 3-15 or 4-16 range with quality glass.

Shoot out to 500-600 until you're good and sick of it, meanwhile saving up for something more flexible. Really, I find I get more out of going to the range on a crappy, cold day when it's really windy (max. 300) than I ever have setting up for longer distances. Range time of any kind is good.

Amen... If you've never shot 600 you will be amazed how far it seems at first. I'm still at 600 trying to master that.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2011 at 21:07
I think the TPS should work just fine for you.  

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic