OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11181119112011211122 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 10:01
Nice looking house DeckThunbs Up If you want it I hope you get it.

Oh you can join the tree club with Dan.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 10:03
Gotcha, now who gets to do all the packing???  Moving is bad enough without all the packing!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 10:45
We're only moving a few miles, so hopefully packing will be minimal.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 11:09
Oh yeah, call all your friends with pickup trucks, and feed um Pizza.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 15:15
Good luck Deck, it looks beautiful.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
nralifer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nralifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 17:50
Beautiful place Deck. You know, with a berm and a suppressor that 40 yrd archery range could double as a pistol rangeDirty Harry
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. TR
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 18:25
👍👍👍🍸🍸🍸

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 20:06
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

The first to go will be the big burr oak in the center of the yard.  After that we'll see what happens with just cutting back some of the overgrowth.

The Bur oak is one of my favorite trees. Save the Bur Oak. I will be there to hug the tree if you attempt to cut it.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2016 at 10:37
Unfortunately, Lile, it's smack dab in the middle of the yard.  Plenty of sweet gums and red oaks will be spared.  I will invite you down for the house warming party, so you can enjoy the burr oak being burned in our outdoor fireplace whilst enjoying some fine bourbon whisky.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2016 at 21:40
Burn the Nasty sweet gum. Along with all the spiny balls they produce. Better to be hit in the head with a golf ball sized acorn than step on the sweet gum pods. Indian

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2016 at 03:33
Mornin' all, heading to Wausau, WI later this am for a sales meeting.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2016 at 06:37
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Burn the Nasty sweet gum. Along with all the spiny balls they produce. Better to be hit in the head with a golf ball sized acorn than step on the sweet gum pods. Indian

I despise gum trees. Ever tried splitting one for fire wood?? Cencored They won't "split", it will tear. Burns half ass too and smokes.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2016 at 04:32

Morning folks, greetings from a sunny and remarkably warm Aberdeen.

Last 3 weeks I fly up here to work in the oil patch up here.

Didn’t get out for a doe as weather was stair rods.

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2016 at 05:26
Mornin' from beautiful downtown Wausau, 39* and clear.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2016 at 06:13
Mornin guysCoffee

30* at the house, 34* at the port, clear skies too.

My sister and her boy friend killed a 8 point buck on my place yesterday about noon. While they were gutting it, the boy friend cut his thumb with a dull knife, and my sister had to take him to the hospital.
My nephew had to come up with my sister to finish dressing out the buck. He just butchered it there, and drug the carcus down the hollar for the buzzards and coyotes.
My sister said when the sun came up yesterday, deer started popping up all over the place; bucks and does. Don't think that's going to happen now.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2016 at 08:11
Well, at least the deer was dealt with...
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2016 at 08:36
After downing a nice Mule deer near 14,000 feet in Colorado last week  last week, Skylar jumped in his truck, racing to Tulsa for the Wanamaker Arms show. He walked me over 12 miles around the arena. After wearing me down to almost complete exhaustion, twisted my arm until leaving the show with a Stevens 5000 double in 410 ga.  After grabbing his favorite Whataburger, he drops me off at my house. Skylar then climbs back in his truck for another 4 hours on a record breaking dash back to Texas arriving by 1 AM.
 The energy of youth!  Thanks for a great time. Excellent

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2016 at 08:29
Mornin' Gents.  Looks like I didn't miss much over the last 24 hours.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2016 at 08:46
All quiet over here in Scotland...
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2016 at 08:57
Heavy fog early but should be nice by afternoon. My first shipment came in from Badlands Precision yesterday. Time to clear the debris from the reloading bench.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11181119112011211122 1639>
  Share Topic