OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14251426142714281429 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 08:45

Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Skip you need a broadleaf herbicide that contains either triclopyr or dicamba. I have had good luck with the Ortho Weed-B-Gon hose end sprayer which contains Triclopyr.

Agreed. Similar products also containing 2,4-D are available. There are several species of weeds commonly referred to as "creeping charlie". Some are easier to control than others. Also, in cool season grasses, it's best to not do the herbicide application in the hot summer months. I'd wait to fall.

I have tooooo much to walk around with a sprayer. How about something in pellet form like fertilizer.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 09:08
Morning all.  happy friday
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 09:52
Good day all.
     Wishing my luck would change. We Bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit last year. It now has has 4554 miles on it. Problem started driving on HWY 69 when the dash lit up with warning to pull off the road immediately the engine is about to shut down. It did leaving us stranded still in  the roadway. Was able to restart the car and pull off the highway after a 18 wheeler almost took us out,  Called roadside assistance and they  towed the Car to the nearest Jeep dealer. The car has been sitting at the Jeep  dealer in Pryor OK for the past 2 weeks.  the Lithium battery that is installed under the front passenger seat shorted out and burned some of the electrical components attached.  No word the past 3 days as to what all is damaged or what is going on.
   Maybe Budperm can give some in site on the safety of having a Lithium Battery in an automobile passenger compartment.

If you want a wife with a Hot Ass sitting in your car next to you, then buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Not really sure it was the Hot wife you wanted.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 10:07
A Lithium battery anywhere inside a car is unsmart.  Containment is paramount and external venting should be a requirement.  Once a Lithium cell exceeds 85C it will thermally run away into fire, flames and lots of sparks.....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 10:16
Glad to know I was driving an armed bomb.
Devil

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 10:21
185F is near to the temp of a dark car in the Oklahoma sun when temps are 113F or more. Shocked

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 16:25
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Skip you need a broadleaf herbicide that contains either triclopyr or dicamba. I have had good luck with the Ortho Weed-B-Gon hose end sprayer which contains Triclopyr.

Agreed. Similar products also containing 2,4-D are available. There are several species of weeds commonly referred to as "creeping charlie". Some are easier to control than others. Also, in cool season grasses, it's best to not do the herbicide application in the hot summer months. I'd wait to fall.

I have tooooo much to walk around with a sprayer. How about something in pellet form like fertilizer.

There are some granular formulations... but you need to have area measurements down quite close and apply the correct amount per area. Most product labels have language such as... apply 1# per 1000 square feet or similar. You must read the application rate info on the product label. If not, you may torch the place!

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 17:06
Well folks, popped down to Bisley again. Not great shooting at all but some fun at least...

Got my firearms certificate back today so that’s good!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 20:11
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Just got the grass looking good, or as good as it can, and it has rained.

My grass looks like schit. It's full of Rhizoctonia (disease), and I really don't want to buy any decent (expensive) fungicide. Been down that rabbit hole enough.

Ric,
What kills creeping Charlie?
I hear claymore mines worked really good. 
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2019 at 20:19
Evening gents.

Just got finished hosting a picknic for my brother's birthday, my grand nephew's graduation from Army ROTC cadet school at Ft. Knox, and my other nephew's graduation from high school.
What a day. I may not cool off until January. At least I won't have to eat for the rest of the weekend.

Scrummy, glad to hear you got your certificate. Do you have your guns back yet?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2019 at 01:45
Morning all, a warm and hazy day in the making here.

BF, only received certificate yesterday evening (Found on door matt when I got in) so will arrange collection over next few days.

Scrummy
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2019 at 20:24
Evening gents.

Just been a hot a$$ day here. Just been taking it easy.

Well at least you have your certificate Scrummy. Hope you have you guns back home safe and sound soon.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 06:18
I forgot to check the temperature yesterday....I do remember looking at the thermometer in my truck yesterday and I think it said 97....anyway, I was sitting outside in my chair and it just seemed like normal....

....LAST YEAR at this time we were setting heat records here in Waco....July 23, 2018 we hit 114!  
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 06:21
Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 06:23
Related image

" Global whatchamacallit! "  

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 06:23
Mornin’ all.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 06:30
Image result for susquehanna river

I remember growing up on the farm in Susquehanna County (PA) summers were usually about 85....a heat wave was 95. But it was still hot if you were out there baling hay and throwing hay bales. 

Anyway.....back to weed talk.....

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2019 at 07:01
Mornin' all, easy Sunday here.

Picking up my 9.3x62 and .44mag on Tuesday. Rest of them will be later in the week. The .404J is still having some work done but no rush for that so will collect later on.

Scrummy
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2019 at 05:27
Morning All,

Off to NW London this morning. Bit of a schlep on public transport.

Scrummu
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2019 at 05:36
Mornin’ all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14251426142714281429 1639>
  Share Topic