OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14221423142414251426 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2019 at 08:01
Good morning all.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2019 at 08:48
Mornin gentsCoffee Tea time, Earl Grey, hot.

Getting ready to start the tractor buying process.

Weather report: according to the dogs, it's too hot and humid to be outside.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2019 at 12:54
What size tractor you looking for BF?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2019 at 18:56
It's a done deal. Put a down payment down for a Mahindra 3640 with a loader and backhoe today. It's a 40 horse 4x4 in the 4300 lb range, with hydrostatic drive.
It's a little bigger size wise than my international 354, but the same horse power. The 2638 that they first tried to sell me was a little smaller than the 354, but not near as heavy, and the backhoe had it's own seat. The 3640 has one seat, making operation easier.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2019 at 02:55
Morning all,

Good luck with the new machine BF.

Overcast here. Had a lovely weekend in Wales seeing the folks.

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2019 at 08:54
Well I'm back in the saddle again.....  Boy did that staycation go by quick.....
I was surprisingly busy too.  Ate enough crabs to start growing a shell..... (still want more)

Everybody enjoyed the holiday and birthday!!!!

Only negative and it's a big one.....

My braindead Ex left my daughter's German short-haired pointer outside in the backyard Saturday night and all the fireworks freaked her out and she jumped the fence and bolted...  And with my Ex being trifecta stupid she had taken off the dogs collar with owner Info because a single tag on it had gotten bent... Loco 

So we have a beautiful German Shorthair roaming around Hanover, PA.  More than likely never to be seen again.....  I'm worried my daughter is plotting my Ex's demise....Smile  not really, hell I'd even bring a shovel...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2019 at 12:37
Afternoon from sunny Orlando Yuk! TFH! Will be attending the ICAST Show Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. 
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2019 at 12:47
That's just to remind you what summer is supposed to feel like Skip!!!

HOT & MUGGY!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2019 at 10:32
Well folks, it's ~20C and muggy here so I don't see why you lot should get off easy...
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2019 at 16:41
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Afternoon from sunny Orlando Yuk! TFH! Will be attending the ICAST Show Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. 

So, Skippy is in Whorelando. If I were still there, I'd buy you a drink... if I could ever catch up with you! LOL
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2019 at 16:44
Rick it’s TFH and humid here!!! The show starts tomorrow, we’ve picked up some new factories so more work for me.

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2019 at 23:49
Morning all, seems to be another overcast day here. And for some reason I woke up rather early.

Scrummy
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2019 at 04:05
Mornin’ all.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2019 at 20:31
Evening everyone.

Bud sorry to hear about your daughter's dog, it would drive me nuts. tell her to check her local animal shelters often.

I've been at a patrol rifle class for work this week. Hot doesn't begin to describe this week with high humidity and temps in the 90s, and all the exercises we went through in a range that sucks in outside air, but didn't want to blow the gun smoke out. Then yesterday we spent 9 hours on an outdoor range with no shade, trudging back and forth from the 50, 100, and 200 yard line. I couldn't drink enough water to keep up with the sweat. With an hour drive home, I'm not rally sure how I made it. My color now is bright red. I did pass everything with a perfect score on the qualification course, and I only missed 1 question on the written test. I didn't understand the question.
It's over now, and I'm getting too old for this chit; as much as I love it.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2019 at 02:18
Morning folks,

Happy Friday and how are we? Hoping my license arrives in the post today, I'm hoping to shoot at the 150th Imperial event this weekend and it's the first time my club is running an expanded programme of Sporting Rifle events.

I'd rather shoot them with my own rifle / rifles but I can't get my rifles out without my cerfiticate being returned so I can borrow the club guns to shoot with but not ideal.

The Imperial is a great meeting, run annually bar the the WW years and and is coming up on 160 years of shooting history. It's for Military and Civillian Shooters (The US forces send teams over) as well as a lot of Commonwealth shooters in various disciplines. It's a great event, rather poorly publicised. If you're on Facebook, the NRA of the UK does live streaming. check it out if you're up.

Scrummy
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2019 at 05:39
Good luck Mike!

Mornin’ all. Heading home from Orlando this evening. Adi F’N Os!

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2019 at 07:20
Good luck Scrummy!!!!  I always want my own gun at shoots, it only makes sense as you should be totally familiar with it.....
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2019 at 11:00
Well, my Certificate hasn't turned up yet so might be using the club gun on Sunday unless it turns up tomorrow

Scrummy
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2019 at 06:52
Mornin’ all.

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2019 at 14:45
Related image

" A white sport coat..... and a pink carnation...."     

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14221423142414251426 1639>
  Share Topic