OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14061407140814091410 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2019 at 10:42
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I actually learn a trick here from one of the guys, Lile i think.... 

Elevate the machine so it can spin the rear wheel while stationary.  Get a beltsander with about 120 grits.
Spin the wheels and float the beltsander back and forth across spinning treads till glazed hard rubber is removed.  Don't remove too much rubber but definitely break the glaze of the treads.

You should be good for another couple of years.  Replacing very 3 years especially with 4+ply tires gets EXPENSIVE!!!

Might try that......
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 04:06
Morning folks,

How goes? Rather overcast here but a mate of mine is still planning on holding a BBQ so we shall see how it goes?

Got down to Bisley yesterday, zeroed the .257 Roberts with the 117 gr SST Superperformance, seems to like the round well enough so will give it a go. Had some funt shooting the .44 mag. 240gr bullets defo the way to go as opposed to the 180gr.

Also tried to get my buddy shooting his 2moa aimpoint on top of his .375H&H better. It would have been easier if he hadn't

1) Had a hangover
2) Followed the arrows on the aim point rather than always just looking at what the dot did in relation to the bore
3) slowed down when shooting
4) fixed his flinch...

To say a bit frustrating was an understatement...

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Scrummy, you know that to me, Bisley is one of those legendary places where great shooters from all over the world came to compete and break world records, and create legends.

Bisley is indeed a great place. It went through a period of being rather unwelcoming and crusty to new comers but is getting better and more open. I do think it is funny, Ruger makes the "Bisley" series of revolvers and we can't own them in the UK...

Scrummy

Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 04:43
Mornin’ all, a crisp 42* this am.

Scrummy is our “ Legend “ at Bisley!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 05:11
.....git a goat.....

Image result for goat in grass

Visit the Ed Show
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 08:37
yesterday turned out pretty nice... went to a concert in the park.  today is overcast and cool again.  coffee tastes great this morning!!
take em!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 16:52
Coffee

* Eduardo uses a coffee cup to conceal the fact that he's drinking an alcoholic drink......but don't tell anybody....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 16:55
Image result for crowd laughing gif

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 22:49
Morning all,

Spent yesterday eating bbq, watching rugby and drinking beer... so now I can't sleep and up early. Getting too old for this.

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Mornin’ all, a crisp 42* this am.

Scrummy is our “ Legend “ at Bisley!

Legendarily bad shot perhaps buddy ;)

Scrummy
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2019 at 22:51
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Coffee

* Eduardo uses a coffee cup to conceal the fact that he's drinking an alcoholic drink......but don't tell anybody....

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2019 at 06:05
Image result for red skelton guzzlers gin

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2019 at 07:18
Mornin’ all, a rainy Sunday.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2019 at 09:48
back to work for me...... so expecting it to be lovely out.
take em!
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2019 at 05:50
Mornin’ all, this is a very ugly Spring. Flooding on Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River and no end in sight. Raining now and forecast for the next 5 days.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2019 at 07:48
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

[/QUOTE]

And Yes Eduardo would hit that in an instant...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2019 at 07:54
Well, The Zero-turn has returned to service.... And I must say she's cutting beautifully!!!  Finished re-assembly Saturday morning.
I was able to get ou and cut the yard Saturday and she didn't even strain going thru 8"+ tall grass....

It started drizzling within 20 minutes of me finishing the yard, boy I'm glad I didn't procrastinate like I'm prone to do....  It rained all day Sunday... Say What

Garden flooded again... Maybe I'll get it all in this week if the good lord cooperates... Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2019 at 07:55
Maybe the good Lord is trying to tell me to experiment with hydroponics....
--Thomas Jefferson

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 03:46

Morning All,

It’s a gorgeous day here, far too nice to be in the office!

Scrummy

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 04:34
Mornin’ all, still raining lots of flooding. An ugly week.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 07:29
finally felt like a nice morning... no jacket required.  we are moving to more of a 2 season enviro... winter and summer.
take em!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2019 at 11:09
Afternoon all
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14061407140814091410 1639>
  Share Topic