OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12081209121012111212 1639>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2017 at 10:34
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Morning gents,

Crappy overcast weather here. Not cold enough for frosts which we need for some die back of the undergrowth here.

Scrummy

Scrummy, I thought that typical London weather.

It is, London weather is typically crappy!
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2017 at 11:50
BF, the drive down to the Keys for me is 13 hours 1 way.  I normally leave after work around 6ish and drive through the night so I arrive the next morning around 7.  Only once in the 10+ times I make that drive had I ever felt I needed to pull over and nap to stay safe.  I'd rather drive at night than during the day on I-95 and the Florida Turnpike due to the volume of traffic I always contend with if I go during the day.  That and road construction normally is less at night.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2017 at 16:40
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

It's fun to shoot, for sure.  That 210gr .338 in such a light rifle will cross your eyes if you aren't careful!

You can handle it Deck.

When I was young and foolish I purchased a Model 88 in .358Win., already had a .308, thought I needed a pair. Wrong!

Luckily my buddy just had to,have one💥😂.

Mornin ‘ all, heading home in a while.

358 looks to be another one of those not overly large cases with a relatively large bore that look useful

Safe trip home Peddler

I would love a 358 in Model 88.  Skip, that thing would be worth a lot today if it were in good shape.  The .308 is still worth a lot, but the 358s and 284s are fare more valuable.  I wish I had a Model 88 in .284.

Looking fine tomorrow.  High of 49, 100% chance for rain, and going down into the 30's tomorrow night.  Lovely!
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2017 at 18:20
Hey Skip, are you there yet?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 04:52

Hey Skip, are you there yet?

Yep, I’m there now.

Mornin’ all, first hard frost of the year. 25* and calm.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 06:52
Moenin gentsCoffee

Glad you got home OK Skip. How was the drive?

Skies are clearing here. The night time lows are starting to get lower and into the freezing temps, but we had our first hard frost a couple of weeks ago.
Our peek fall colors occurred this past weekend, which is about 2 weeks later than normal. Then Sunday night's storm blew many of the leaves down.

The dogs ate a deer yesterday, and now have REAL BAD GAS.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 08:28

Morning all.

BF, did they kill the deer too or just find it?

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 09:23
Mornin' Gents.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 09:40

Moenin gentsCoffee

Skies are clearing here. The night time lows are starting to get lower and into the freezing temps, but we had our first hard frost a couple of weeks ago.
Our peek fall colors occurred this past weekend, which is about 2 weeks later than normal. Then Sunday night's storm blew many of the leaves down.

lovely day yesterday, mostly interstate all the way.

Nothing like doggy venison gas!

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 09:42
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Morning all.

BF, did they kill the deer too or just find it?

Unknown, but I'm betting.........
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2017 at 09:45
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Moenin gentsCoffee

lovely day yesterday, mostly interstate all the way.

Nothing like doggy venison gas!

No open flames allowed.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2017 at 07:13
Mornin gentsCoffee
The sky is clear, it's going up to the upper 50s, and the dogs quit farting. Life is good so far.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2017 at 07:16
Morning Gents, I'm usually a fan of natural gas but doggy venison gas doesn't sound wonderful

43F and overcast here this morning, just counting down for the weekend. Fired plumber earlier in the week and much happier with the change

Scrummy
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2017 at 09:45

morning all, how goes it today? 

3 day weekend for me this weekend.

Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2017 at 10:09
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

morning all, how goes it today? 

3 day weekend for me this weekend.

Enjoy it sir! Got anything special planned?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2017 at 11:13
Hey G, are the banks going to be closed Friday?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2017 at 12:13
We are
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2017 at 05:50
Morning all TGIF! Taking the BPS out for some clays tomorrow!

Scrummy
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2017 at 06:00
Mornin’ all, 25* with 15-20 breeze out of the NNW and a few flurries in the air.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2017 at 06:04
Mornin gentsCoffee

Clear, cold, and breezy this AM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12081209121012111212 1639>
  Share Topic