OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BBD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BBD
    Posted: November/30/2011 at 00:53
Hey everybody! Sorry kind of busy trying to get a few things taking care of so I can go to work the 1st of the year. Enough of that tho the main reason I'm here is to brag a little about my little buck. I'll post a small story later and show ya a pic the monster that wished I would have gotten.

I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2011 at 01:39
Nice buck Jamie, can't wait to see pics of the monster... but that's no little buck you have there, if you want to see little I'll post pics of the spike and the forked horn I got this season Big Grin
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2011 at 11:07

OK here we go! Around June or July I was out doing some spotting in the area that I hunt when I glassed this Big Monster.

I was never to see him alive again, I hunted the area he was in like a mad dog in heat. On November 22 I was in a different area dreaming of The Monster,  I had just looked at my watch to what time it was. I then looked across the draw to see the 5x5 coming toward me. All I really seen was his eye grauds ...and his G1 & G2 . So I got my bipod sat up took aim and then my bipod slipped. I was like oh S@%$T !!!!! He looked right at me I sat back up real fast and Bang!! D.R.T.!!! I was using my Savage model 10 308 win , toped off with SWFA SS Scope 150 gr PowerShok.
Now fast forward to the 27th. My little bother shows asking where to hunt at, I tried like hell to get him go where I knew The Monster was hanging out but he didn't listen. About an hour two later he calls said he need helping a buck out, I jump on my ATV and head out. As I reach the Field below where my brother is I see this sitting there with a sh!t eaten grin. So I stop ask if he had any luck he said yes and point to the edge of the field. There laid The Monster!!! My Heart sank a little but then I was happy to know that somebody would enjoy his meat and wouldn't become wolf or something else food.

There You Floks Sad But True Story!!!

Edited by hunterwingler - November/30/2011 at 11:08
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic