OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Riflescopes choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riflescopes choices
    Posted: November/27/2011 at 11:09
I need to get my son a GOOD  riflescope  for his .308  rifle/HE IS GOING  TO BE  HUNTING DEER WITH IT.Ya'll  fellers,  i  need some advice  from the  experts.His  longest   shot , maybe  200 yds . I have a list of riflescopes  I want to stay with / RATED  THEM IN ORDER  AS FAR  TRACKING AND LOW LIGHT CAMPABLITIES.  1 REDFIELD  REVOLUTION   3X9X40
                   NEW 2 NIKON PROSTAFF  3X9X40    [SUPPOSE TO BE UP TO  98  PERCENT LIGHT GATHERING .
       3 BUSHNELL BANNER  3X9X40                                                                                                                   4 BUSHNELL ELITE 4200  3X9X40     
     I  AM LOOKING AT SOMETHING   BELOW  175.00                                                                                              
countryboy appreciates
Missing Michigan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missing Michigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2011 at 12:24
Don't rule out a Burris Fullfield II.  You could even go up to the Fullfield E1 in a nice 2-7x35.  That would be perfect for a .308.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2011 at 13:53
My vote is for the Elite 4200, Best glass and Rain Guard!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2011 at 14:07
4200 is a great scope for the money.....Japan glass, HD Raingaurd, etc

I have one on my .308 and haven't found anything better without doubling the price

Eagle
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 08:31
Burris FFII by far in that price range imo.

Edited by slowr1der - November/28/2011 at 08:31
Cooper25 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 11:30
I have both the burris ffll and elite 4200, the 4200 without a doubt is the better of the two
Jeff
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:02
On your list is an easy pick.........4200. The glass outperforms the price, it is reliable and the Rainguard works great.
Doug
countryboy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 19:01
thanks  everybody,that will help me make my decision  on what to get.  countryboy
countryboy appreciates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic