OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zen-Ray ZRS HD how good are they

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyblev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zen-Ray ZRS HD how good are they
    Posted: November/24/2011 at 18:47
Hey folks,
Just wondering how good are the Zen-Ray ZRS HD model.  If they are like the other Zen-Rays, I might have to take a closer look.  Just worried if they will stand up to the beatings of a back country Elk hunt. I'm looking at the 10x42 model.
motts View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2011 at 19:10
That's actually the exact model I have. I love them. I used them this year on my hunt, and they held up fine, no problems. Granted, I'm not hard on my stuff, but they are built just fine. Nice rubber armoring, and secure gripping. Optics are great. They have to be one of the brightest 10x42s that I have seen. Colors are great as well. I would highly recommend them if you're looking in the under $300 range.
kyblev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyblev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2011 at 19:17
This helps.  I didn't realize that there was such a wide range od selections of binos, until I started researching them.  Just about the time I feel that I'm ready to purchase a set, something else catches my eye.
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2011 at 09:37
You will be happy with the ZRS HD. I have used the 8x42s and was very satisfied with their optical performance. Large sweet spot, bright image and good apparent sharpness. They are also more compact than the average 42 mm glass so they are very handy as well.
Frank
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2011 at 14:33
I'll go with Frank and motts here.  The ZRS HD is a lot of binocular for the money.  It will give a lot of quite a bit more expensive binoculars a run for their money.  Along with very good optics, Frank defined them pretty well, they are very compact for a full size 42 mm glass.  I had the 8x42 and they were very little bigger than the Vortex Diamond Back 7x36.  In that same price range, the Theron Wapiti LT and HQ will come across as well as the ZRS, but they are not quite so compact, being pretty typical for 42 mm glass.

Edited by Klamath - November/25/2011 at 14:34
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic