OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

30mm scope with most eye relief

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30mm scope with most eye relief
    Posted: November/21/2011 at 15:31
I currently have a BAR LW Stalker with a Burris Euro Diamond 1.5-6x40 mounted on it. The way the gun sets up I have to mount the Burris all the way back in the mounts to get the proper eye relief. I'm wondering if there would be other quailty 30mm scopes that would provide better eye relief and allow me to mount the scope farther forward on the gun?
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2011 at 19:32
I have a 1.25x8x32 30mm Bushnell 6500 that has a 6" eye relief.  I put it on a heavy kicker 375 Ruger that also has a Knoxx stock which has a collapsing stock with a spring in it.  That brings the scope back toward you more than normal but the Bushnell works great.  I needed to mount it on a picatinny rail just to get it forward enough

It is a great scope and does exactly what I need it to do

Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
BigGameBalls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2011 at 23:54
Any other options out there? I'd really like something with a 40-42mm objetive. I guess I just dont like the looks of the smaller objective lense. The reason I want to be able to mount it farther forward are looks and most importantly the farther I get the scope mounted forward the less of the barrel I should see when looking through the scope on power settings below 3x.
penguin6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2011 at 04:41
Sounds like you're looking for a low mag scope, so this might not help, but I have a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 that has about 4 inches of eye relief. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic