OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 00:12
not many companies can/would put a deal together that fast based on internet feedback. pretty impressive.  
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 07:38
That should make everybody happy now!
Reaction time is a factor...
Brad05750 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad05750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 10:00
Don't feel too bad, you could have been a jackwagon like me and placed an order on the 23rd for the standard swfa 10x42, and then added the butler creek caps, mil dot master, and 42mm sunshade........ $386 later........Bandito

I didn't know a black friday sale was going on or I would have waitied. Oh well, live and learn......
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 11:43
Originally posted by Brad05750 Brad05750 wrote:

Don't feel too bad, you could have been a jackwagon like me and placed an order on the 23rd for the standard swfa 10x42, and then added the butler creek caps, mil dot master, and 42mm sunshade........ $386 later........Bandito

I didn't know a black friday sale was going on or I would have waitied. Oh well, live and learn......

Never hurts to ask though.
Brad05750 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad05750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:04
I did, but it's all good. Cool

I sent an email asking if they could just throw in some SWFA rings. I'm not worried about the money aspect of it, cause after all it was MY mistake. At the end of the day, I still have a kickass swfa scope coming!!!!

It's going on an AR10 and I am contemplating ordering another with all the stuff to go on a Savage 10FCP I'll be picking up the first week in January......I know it's going to need a scope for it's intended use.......just trying to talk myself into it as I type :D
JameyF View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JameyF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 15:30
Ok...So I ordered the BF deal.  After all the glowing comments on the SS series of scopes and looking at my choices, I'll bite. 
With a choice between all the goodies thrown in with the BF deal versus the $260 off for the cyber Monday deal, I have to choose the goodies.  I doubt I'll use the rings, and I may not use the scope. Hopefully, the rings, scope, shade, and covers will sell for more than $300 once BF is over.  If not, I'll consider ditching my son's Bushnell 2.5-10 firefly scope.  Hopefully I'll have a good helping of crow to eat once I get to look through them (the 5-20 and the bonus scope).
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 16:38
It is worth eating crow for that deal.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 20:43
Nice deals I have two of the Illuminated 5-20x50 and really would love to have another.  More than anything I have struggled over wanting to buy another 6x because I love the one I have, but the scope I really want next is the 3-9 with Mil Quad as both of my 3-9 SS scopes are mildot.  Once I get past Christmas I will probably be in the market for a 3-9 Mil Quad ----  SWEET SCOPE!!!!!  However if someone decides they dont want the 6x from the package Just send it to me Ill give it a good home.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Sigpro1557 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sigpro1557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 05:02
Been browsing this forum and a couple others and have been hearing good things about these SS scopes and decided to contact SWFA about them.  Originally I was looking at the 10x HD model, and my attention quickly moved onto the 5-20HD model.  Over the course of a couple months I must have emailed the company with questions 6-8 times.  Almost every time I would receive a detailed response within a couple hours, usually from Mr. Farris himself.  I don't know how large this company is or how many employees they have but for senior staff (pardon me for not knowing his exact title) to respond promptly and in detail no matter how unimportant my questions may have been, says a lot about customer service.  The customer service is what ultimately made me decide to take a chance with one of these scopes (it didn't hurt that there really aren't many poor reviews of these scopes especially when they are compared to much more expensive scopes).

A week before the sale I put one of the 5-20's and a Bobro mount in the cart ready to check out and saw the banner at the bottom of the page for the Black Friday sale.  I held off, again emailed the company hoping to get some insight on the sale, but was unsuccessful (which I rightfully understood why they couldn't let the cat out of the bag so early...but I had to try of course). I eagerly awaited the email like so many others.  When it came I was ecstatic! I'll admit I was hoping for the scope to be a few hundred dollars cheaper, but look at all the extra stuff they threw in on an already great price! It won't be hard to find use for the extra scope and accessories. I mean I was about to spend a lot more for a whole lot less a week before.

I was a little disappointed to see how many people complained throughout the different forums, but as it was already mentioned SWFA responded with another discount on just the scope. Pretty impressive to say the least.  How many other companies do that and in such a timely manner?  If this is any indication on how this company treats it's customers and how in touch they are with what their customers really want, then they will continue to get my business!

My package should arrive this week!

That's my two cents...
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 05:40
Sigpro:

Welcome to The OT and I'm sure SWFA appreciates your business. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Brad05750 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad05750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 07:44
Well I decided to build another bolt gun, and ordered a 16x42 SS last night, so I should have 2 scopes coming soon!

It wasn't on the BF deal, but no big deal....... Pretty excited, I wish I would have never sold my Savage 10FCP last year, and am starting to miss a bolt gun for some distance shooting. Hopefully this will super motivate me and I'll get it done quickly.

I ordered some SWFA low rings as well, and as soon as I decide on another savage, or a Remy, I'll order a one piece base through them for it.

The 10x was my second, the 16x will be my 3rd purchase from SWFA, it's starting to become my favorite company to order rifle stuff from :)
Brad05750 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad05750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 09:17
Hot freaking DAMN!!!!!

I love SWFA is all I can say!!!!!! They took care of me big time! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me so much happier that I bought my SS 16x42 last night. What a great company!!!
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 11:58
you can't go wrong with swfa
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 13:09
Originally posted by Sigpro1557 Sigpro1557 wrote:

I was a little disappointed to see how many people complained throughout the different forums, but as it was already mentioned SWFA responded with another discount on just the scope. Pretty impressive to say the least.  How many other companies do that and in such a timely manner?  If this is any indication on how this company treats it's customers and how in touch they are with what their customers really want, then they will continue to get my business!

Some people are just plain unbelievable. I mean complain about a sale just because what they wanted was not on sale. I agree with Sigpro1557 it is disappointing.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 14:29
They are pretty in touch with the customers.

Strangely, for an industry supposed to be populated with tough guys, there is a surprising amount of whining and crying when things don't go exactly as they want.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
blue109 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 18:24
the "whiners" caused SWFA to add a new option to the sale. im sure it sold some extra scopes and showed the company will always do right by its customers. its a win/win.  i think theres more people whining about the whiners than whining about the deal.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 19:57
You obviously have not seen one of the other forum sites. It has pages of whiners.
blue109 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 22:23
actually i have.
JameyF View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JameyF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2011 at 17:30
I just received my order.  Originally I thought the package deal was not much of a deal.  After seeing the group buy on the illuminated version get a $500 price drop and a set of precision rings thrown in, an extra scope that wasn't going to be useful (therefore needing to be sold at a discount), as well as other retail priced items that may not be used didn't seem that attractive for a product launch/black friday event.  SWFA stepped up and offered a $260 discount for cyber monday for those that didn't want to be stuck with selling items they may not need.  This was a great consumer relations move, and I commend SWFA for listening.  With that said, I couldn't pass up roughly $600 worth of stuff for a $260 discount.  After all, the extras could be sold for more than the $260.  after reading glowing reveiws on the SS line of scopes, I took a leap of faith and ordered the package deal.

I first took out the 6x scope.  Adjustments are precise.  Elevation clicks are muted, while windage clicks are loud enough to be heard by anyone in the room.  I'm not sure this is intended, or if it is just my particular scope.  It also has a parallax adjustment that is located where the zoom ring would be on a variable scope.  This was a nice suprise.  This was not listed in the description, and opens up the possibilities of uses for this scope (when it's limited because of being a fixed power).  I'm thinking AR-22lr.  The glass is clear with a standard mildot style reticle.  I would have loved the milquad reticle as is on the 5-20 for consistency between products.  Included in the scope's box were a bikini cover, a wrench, and a cleaning cloth.

I took out the 5-20 scope next.  I received a business call, so I had to set it down.  I went back to it after the call and spent 15-30 minutes looking for a bikini cover, until I gave up and called SWFA.  I was told they are not included with the 5-20.  I thought I had lost my mindLoco.  Neither were a wrench or cleaning cloth as were in the 6x box.  I'm not sure why the difference.  I'm curious if this is how everyone will receive theirs.  As far as the adjustments, they feel identical to each other and are muted but well defined.  They seem an improvement to the already nice adjustments on the 6x.  The parallax adjustment is located in a familiar left side of the windage and elevation turrents.  It is very stiff, but smooth.  I'm sure it will loosen with use as I have experienced with others.  The glass is clear and the milquad reticle is beautiful.  This is my first FFP scope, and I think I may have to have another soon.  It's dark on the east coast now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to have a look outside with it.

So, as it stands, it seems the glass is the best I've ever owned on both scopes (mainly bushnell elites).  The 6x I thought I was going to HAVE to sell, may find a home on an AR 22lr I needed a scope on.  This means all the extra goodies I'll end up using.  They feel every bit of the quality I had hoped they would be.  And, I can't find any other scopes with these features for the price these were purchased at.  My family is eating pizza tonight.  I'll gladly have a helping of crow with mine, and say that SWFA created a package deal that did have real value and offered it a couple of different ways to make it a deal for many...including me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic