OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Non-illuminated SSHD520X50MQ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-illuminated SSHD520X50MQ
    Posted: November/10/2011 at 12:01
I appologize if this is old new.  Have been away from a computer for a couple weeks.

I received a SWFA catalog in the mail about 2 weeks ago.  On the pages for SWFA SS scopes is lists a part/stock # for a non-illuminated SSHD5-20x50 scope (SSHD520X50MQ) and is priced at $1299.95

The illuminated model is part/stock # SSHD520X50MQI - $1499.95

I called SWFA about 10 days ago and was told it should show up on the SWFA website in a few weeks.

Haven't seen any other threads talking about this new scope, so I thought I'd post up.

I wonder if this is the proto-type that ILya casually mentioned awhile back?
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2011 at 13:27
It's now up on the web site if anyone is interested.  Funny there seems to be no buzz as compared to when the illuminated model rolled out.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 11:06
We did not do any press releases and just quietly rolled it out.

There will be a big buzz come Black Friday.  Cool
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 14:35
Chris,
I wasn't referring to SWFA.  I was just thinking out loud that there doesn't seem to be any "buzz" from us buyers as compared to when the illuminated version was coming out.

Nothing disrespectful meant by any means.

I hope you sell them by the boat load!

I'm also sending you a private message with a question.
blue109 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 19:09
we talkin snipershide group-buy price type of buzz?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 19:54
Excellent

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
FireEMT5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireEMT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 21:29
That would most certainly be welcome!Big Grin

I just found it odd, that no one was even talking about it...... excited, wanting one, anything.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who got a SWFA catalog.

The snipershide group buy created all sorts of buzz and I'm sure sales.

This go around it seems not so much......?  Just had me wondering that's all.  Hopefully SWFA's Black Friday - Cyber Monday deals will see this new non-illum. model sell just as well.

I'm torn whether to buy one or not.  I have a new .308 coming in a few months.  My main concern is that the 5-20 may be a bit on the heavy side for an 8 lb. rifle that I'll be walking with alot.
z71rat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z71rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2011 at 11:12
I honestly didn't think the Illumd 5-20 was all that heavy compared to it's size. They are nice!!

DK
Savage Arms - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - SilencerCo - Molon Labe!!!
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2011 at 12:10
At 30.4 oz. it might be on the heavy side. I've found that I don't mind a relatively heavy rifle, yet by the time both of my rifles were fitted out with a bipod, cheek rest, DBM, scope and rings, I always go with the 20" .308 with the compact NF scope when it comes to hunting in the mountains or heavy cover. However, it is nice to have a second rifle with a 24" barrel that gives me more reach and I don't mind the additional weight (7 oz. more in the scope and 20.8 oz in the rest of the rifle) because I use it to hunt in gentler terrain and closer to a vehicle.

I used to have a scope, however, that weighed 38 oz. and that was more than I cared for. If you could go down to 26 oz. like I did, it would be alright having the bigger scope. 3/4 lb. is a decent weight savings. Going with a scope that weighs 1/2 lb. less? That starts to be pushing it.
Reaction time is a factor...
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2011 at 18:31
Give us a hint,was it a Hen's to a Premier [:}
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic