OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Customer Service: Monarch/Team Primos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIslander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Customer Service: Monarch/Team Primos
    Posted: November/01/2011 at 12:53
Hi Folks,

First post. Long time hunter and shooting enthusiast. I hunt deer, birds, squirrels, etc., here in South Carolina. Grew up in the mountains of Northern California and New Mexico, so have seen lots of different terrain. Very much appreciate all the knowledgeable people on this site.

Just picked up a Nikon Team Primos 3-9 x 40 (i.e. Monarch UCC). Was looking it over and removed the windage turret to check out the re-zeroing capability and noticed the index ring was loose. That is the silver “cigar band” ring with a vertical line on it, used to line up the zero triangle on the scale ring after zeroing you scope to “zero” the scale.

At first I thought, “Is this some sort of feature, an adjustable index ring?” Of course it was just loose, having a bad glue joint.

I called Nikon and was connected in about a minute. The customer service rep took a little bit of convincing to believe that the ring was loose. He kept asking if I was talking about the scale ring. Finally he got an identical scope on his end, disassembled it, and realized what I was talking about. He agreed that it should not move and asked if I wanted to send it back, but I declined. I told him I’d put a spot of glue on it myself.

I decided that the index line was easier to see if I rotated it to a 45 degree angle (clockwise, toward the elevation turret). Pretty pleased with it. Almost wish you could move these wherever you want, then lock them down, because it’s a lot easier to see in its new location.

Nikon Primos 3-9x40 Index Ring Glue in new location 

Best to all,

JI

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2011 at 13:09
Welcome to the OT.  Love it when a plan comes together...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2011 at 13:13
I believe you made the right choice!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
JimIslander View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIslander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2011 at 20:54

Thanks folks.

These are really nice scopes for very little money. The eye relief is phenomenal.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2011 at 03:45
I'm a Nikon floosy. That Primos deal was smoking hot. That much scope, for so little. 
The BDC reticle treat you OK?

Welcome to The One, The Only, The Most comprehensive optics website on planet earth......The OT!  Bandito
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
JimIslander View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIslander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2011 at 08:51
Thanks, CT,
I really don't need the BDC in the brushy local woods. I haven't even mounted the scope yet, so not sure what to think about it. Will be mounted on my trusty Rem. 700 BDL 30-06. Playing with the scope at dusk, the BDC seems to get lost. Running a dusk-to-night range shoot on Friday, so we'll see how it performs in low light. So far, that seems like the only time I might not like the BDC, but I don't think it will affect me for hunting in general, since all my shooting will likely be point blank.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic