OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

LSU vs Bammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 19:11
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Laugh Above

This from a man who admittedly doesn't even watch football!  

I watch football... several times a year...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 19:26
I'm going to have to commit fully to Alabama because of my fondness for Dreamland BBQ sauce.
Reaction time is a factor...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 19:42
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

I'm going to have to commit fully to Alabama because of my fondness for Dreamland BBQ sauce.

THAT is the first analysis of this game I've seen that actually makes sense...

The BBQ factor... Alabama wins.  Simple, logical, very likely outcome...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 20:16
Wanted: Long kicker.   Apply. 100 University Blvd Tuscaloosa Al.    
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 20:37
Impressive Alabama goal line stand... gotta love hard hitting defense...

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 20:40
Both teams are playing smash mouth football.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 20:43
Well, I was watching the Cain-Gingrich debate... just got here, so all I saw was Alabama saving a touchdown.  

HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 20:51
A potpourri of things going on in my house now. Wife has fell asleep on the couch, son is going crazy over the game - which wakes up mom, who threatens a grounding. Daughter is in the kitchen whipping up some cheese dip and nachos, totally uniterested in the game as she listens to her Ipod music player.
Me ? Well I'm playing it cool, trying not to upset the wife's nap, half watching the game, spending time on the laptop trying to work up a deal on an AR 15 upper assembly. Still waiting on a great play by Al offense for some scores. 
Uh-Oh , wife is twitching, I might be pecking on the keyboard too hard. Been there, done that, don't want to disturb the 9 ft tall, bullet proof wife.
Food is now calling, gotta go.
Roll Tide!
Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 20:54
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Wanted: Long kicker.   Apply. 100 University Blvd Tuscaloosa Al.    

No kidding! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 21:15
We had a high school kid, sophomore, last year kicking 60+ yard FG's.  He moved to a Huntsville city school for more opportunities (last year was Pope John Paul II High School 1st year of football... their Varsity is playing other school's JV).  College recruiters were at every game he played last year, certain they were there this year, where ever he is...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 22:34
Looks like the BBQ predictive methodology may be a little flawed...

HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 22:42
Wow. 'Nuff said.....
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 03:58
I wouldn't want to be those poor Bama kickers today....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 05:40
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Looks like the BBQ predictive methodology may be a little flawed...

Ye old home field advantage theory was a NO-GO last night too.....that game didn't go as scripted. 

Mike, You sure you didn't sneak back into T town? 
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 08:01
Good Defensive game, too many mistakes for Bama in O.T.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 09:22
Did anybody see the Saban tirade after a missed pass earlier in the game? He was livid. That's precisely why I dislike that SOB. Those boys were playing hard and hitting heavy. As far as I'm concerned, Saban got his due. Crazy Les and LSU always seem to have lady luck on their side. LOL.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 09:48
I really don't like coaches who unload on their players for mistakes...  It is dumb on the coach's part, negative to the player... and just looks bad.  

jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 13:28
From watching most of the game, if I was Andrew Luck or somebody else that had to play either defense I'd be finding a way to take my ball and go home now. We flipped back and forth to K-State vs. OSU and I bet neither of those teams would have run up the score against these boys.
Reaction time is a factor...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 17:34
I saw that Sooner star Ryan Broyles is out for season. Tough break. 

scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2011 at 18:51
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

From watching most of the game, if I was Andrew Luck or somebody else that had to play either defense I'd be finding a way to take my ball and go home now. We flipped back and forth to K-State vs. OSU and I bet neither of those teams would have run up the score against these boys.
I hope we get to find out come bowl time.  They play very different style ball. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic