OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

LSU vs Bammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSU vs Bammers
    Posted: October/31/2011 at 02:23
A clash of the titans between #1 and #2 coming up this weekend! LSU goes to The Tusk to take on Bama.

Who ya like? I'm going with Bama, for now.  
I like that Richardson will be able to run the ball on LSU and they won't be able to do anything about it. 
I like that Bama is at home and that Crimson Tide defense is a MONSTER!! Bama plays with such surgical perfection. 

That said, the LSU defense ain't no slouch either and they have a couple of guys that can run the ball too.
QB Lee is playing pretty well now too and they can bring Jefferson on some wild cat stuff and can be a problem for the defense to contain. 
You just gotta KNOW LSU coach Les Miles has some tricks up his sleeve with some whacky gadget plays, fake field goal/punt attempts and has the nerves of a cat burglar. 

Even ya don't like college football, be sure to check out this game!!! This will be an epic game!   

Steel Benz....you out there, Son?? Holla back!!  Howdy
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2011 at 05:44
Should be good for sure. For no legitimate reason, I'm going with LSU. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2011 at 06:30
I'll be siding with Alabama. I am also an LSU fan when they're playing someone else.Whacko
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2011 at 06:31
"Cheryl... I DON'T care... (Nikki from "Remember the Titans")
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Hatari View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2011 at 10:41
Should be a good game.

My money is on Alabama.

I would love to see Boise State and Alabama in the championship game!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2011 at 17:58
Can't believe Steel Benz ain't came by and did some trash talkin.....
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2011 at 19:26
I haven't kept up with them to make a educated prediction.  But I would have to say I'd like to see Bama win it.  Either way it goes, I'll be sitting in front of the TV with a brew and wings enjoying it!!
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2011 at 00:48
Hope I get to see it, going to be a good game for sure.  I gotta say Bamma for the win though.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2011 at 06:33
Guys I have to go against the grain, LSU will roll the tide. I can't tell you why just a get feeling. the teams are pretty close and bama has a 4 point spread.LSU just has more to prove.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2011 at 14:12
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Guys I have to go against the grain, LSU will roll the tide. I can't tell you why just a get feeling. the teams are pretty close and bama has a 4 point spread.LSU just has more to prove.

Not so sure I can argue with ya, Brother. LSU is playing lights out this year. I'm giving home field advantage to Bammers, for the win. That Alabama defensive front and LB's is flat out filthy good!! LSU may be able to sneak a few passes down field on the secondary, which I think may be suspect. That said, Bammers D overall is awful, awful good.   

Can LSU stop Richardson? That will be the key, in my mind.  

If this was in Baton Rouge, I'd probably go with Les Miles and his gang. 

This game may come down to special teams.......blocked punt, missed field goal, etc. Regardless, it is gonna be a collision! Wink

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2011 at 14:02
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

You do realize that I have been banned from T town for the game?  Every Bama/LSwho game I have gone to in the last 20 years Bama has lost!   Family members have threatened me with bodily harm if I show my mug in T town tomorrow!  My daughter graduates in May my son starts in September.  

Bama by 10+  Richardson / Lacy opens the biggest can of whoopass LSwho ever seen.   LOL!

Quote me!    

Edited by Steelbenz - November/04/2011 at 14:04
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2011 at 15:09
Bravely spoken.....Gonna be a goodin!  
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2011 at 16:45
I'm leaning a little towards 'Bama but don't really have much connection to either. It should be a great game whoever wins. I've been impressed with the college ball I've seen so far this year. Probably the most intense so far was Stanford's win over USC. That was close. For family reasons, I've always been an Air Force fan and it was fun to see them not get killed by a team like Boise State. Living in Montana, we don't have any FBS schools, so football isn't quite as important to me as it is to my wife's family being from Nebraska. Yet we had fun running around with the kids inside the brand new indoor practice field @ USAFA a few weeks ago. It was kind of big time for us. (I will not reveal my time running the 240 yards from one end zone to the other and back!):

Reaction time is a factor...
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2011 at 18:56
Well, if your wifes family are Cornhuskers fans I'll throw you a bone.  Watch for a walk-on linebacker named Derek Slaughter.  Great kid, family lives couple a doors down from me.  Not the biggest guy walking.  But for attitude and drive, Rudy ain't got squat on the boy.  His dad is a Light Colonel in the Army.  I've watched him play since grade school and the kid has the heart of a lion.  There will be a lot of other players who will under estamate the boy,  they will regret that mistake.   
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 11:07
Wow. From what I just read on him they ought to give him a scholarship. Looks like a great kid with a lot of talent and drive.
Reaction time is a factor...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 16:31
Gang, I'm still gonna go with Bammers in this tilt . 

Crimson Tide is 25-1 in the last 26 home games, too much Tide defense, Richardson will have his way. They can't stop him, though they will try. 

'Sides, Corso picked LSU to win....Wink 
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 17:06
It would have worried me had Corso put that curse on us!    Roll Tide!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 17:39
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

You do realize that I have been banned from T town for the game?  Every Bama/LSwho game I have gone to in the last 20 years Bama has lost!   Family members have threatened me with bodily harm if I show my mug in T town tomorrow!  My daughter graduates in May my son starts in September.  

Bama by 10+  Richardson / Lacy opens the biggest can of whoopass LSwho ever seen.   LOL!

Quote me!    

"You will lose..." (Ivan Drago... Rocky IV)
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 18:39
Laugh Above

This from a man who admittedly doesn't even watch football!  
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2011 at 18:41
Left T town at 0215 this morning so hopefully my jinx has worn off by now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic