OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Goodbye my friend....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodbye my friend....
    Posted: October/01/2011 at 06:49
Last night we had to put down our Lab mix, Tamar. She was around 14 years old, the best we can guess.
We rescued her from a very bad situation when she was young, so we were never very sure how old she really was. 

She was the toughest dog I've ever owned. She took on ALL comers who dared to come into her AO. She was absolutely fearless and would charge into any animal that came in her yard, without hesitation and fight until they were dead, or they managed to get outside of her invisible fence perimeter and get away from her.

We had some people come over once that brought a black German Shepard and had put Tamar in wire crate in our living room to make sure she didn't kill our guest's dog. The GS made the the mistake of sticking his nose in between the gaps in the wire and promptly got the tip of his nose bit clean through. The GS howled and blood went everywhere.     
Tamar looked and acted like a friendly, good 'ol dog that you see all the time. Until she killed or maimed something. Never was sure why she was so aggressive with other animals. I guess she was defending us.

That said, she loved people and was VERY gentle with kids. She especially loved little girls. She was a great dog and dear friend. I find comfort in believing that we'll see each other again someday....on the other side.

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND......Till we meet again. 

Edited by cheaptrick - October/01/2011 at 06:49
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 06:54
Mark, my deepest sympathy.  I know the pain you must feel right now and will feel over the next weeks.  I am truly sorry.  When Jackson died, it was a heavy blow.  God bless you, you will see Tamar again... running happy and free, cured of all earthly cares and abuses...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 06:58
Thank you, Dan. 
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 07:04
What a blessing for her to be able to be shown so much love and compassion by you and your family.

I am sure she admiried you all.

Dear ones like Tamar some how reach a place in our hearts that can be untouched by humans.

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - October/01/2011 at 07:05
No one
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 07:07
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

Dogs some how reach a place in our hearts that can be untouched by humans.

Well said. Thank you. 

scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 07:10

Hey Mark, sorry you are losing such a friend.  All of us that have loved and lost our pets know the sadness it causes.  It is truly like losing one of your family members.  I personally believe there is a place in heaven for all and echo Dans words.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 08:02
hate to hear that brother. awesome  that you rescued that dog and gave it all a dog could ever want. hard to let go of a loving faithful friend.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 08:16
I'm very sorry to see this Mark. Tamar was very lucky to of had you.
Doug
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 11:11
My sympathies. The time we get to spend with a great dog is always too short.
Reaction time is a factor...
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 12:19
So sorry to hear about your loss Mark. I know what a crushing blow it can be to have to put down an older dog to prevent them from suffering.  Hang in there buddy.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 16:05
I'm very sorry for your loss Mark. It's amazing what dogs will do, both physically and emotionally for good owners or needed companions. Dogs give back so much more than we do usually, regardless of circumstance. Indeed our best friends in many cases.

God bless your whole family.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 16:30
Sorry for ur lost man, been there before dont like the fact in few years may have to threw again with the kids dog.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 16:58
Sorry about your loss Cheap.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 17:15
Story about your loss cheap trick

Edited by SVT_Tactical - October/01/2011 at 17:16
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 21:42
Sorry for the  loss to you & the family.Been there & it's very sad.Not easy doing it but if you love the animal it's the right thing to do rather then make them suffer.......
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 22:37
My condolences,

Terribly sad and sorrowful, but sounds like she shared a long, happy life with you as well, CT.

Those memories are forever...

-Matt
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 22:44
That stinks Mark and I feel for you. Take some time and think about rescuing another.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 23:05
I've been there too, and I know the pain and sorrow you are going through. It takes time because they become part of you and your daily life, and you know they always love you no matter what.
You have my sympathies.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2011 at 23:32

Really sorry,ct. That's a hurt that definitely in it's own class.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2011 at 08:38
I'm so sorry to hear about Tamar.  Dogs are special creatures.  Their lives are short, but during that short time, they give us their unconditional love and loyalty and bring joy to our lives.  They truly are man's best friend.  I know the pain you feel, my friend.  
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic