OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Through it all...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Through it all...
    Posted: September/26/2011 at 22:43
Tony Romo surprised the heck out of me.  

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?????????
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2011 at 23:38
Yes he did! I really hope Austin gets better quick! It also sounds like the 'skins were calling out the snap count( the reason for the bad snaps). But of course old Ed Hochuli didn't call it...
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 06:16
Best game I've seen Romo play... he jumped up several notches in my view and I wll never compare him to Danny White again.  Danny White would have quit, Romo kept getting up, just like a REAL fighter... I take back every bad thing I ever said or thought about him...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 06:35
While he did show some sand last night....

the season's still young, Dan.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 06:48
Romo showed his heart last night... he pulled a win from a fairly easy loss and with very little help.  His offensive line let him down, his center let him down, his receivers let him down (most of the time), his backs continued to let him down, and, quite frankly, Jason Garrett let him down.  Last night was all Romo.  Yep, the season is long and there is a lot of opportunity to lose, but I don't believe it will be Romo's fault...
And FINALLY, Dallas has a field goal kicker again...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 07:02
Felix Jones actually showed-up a bit in the second half too...Barber is still missed, though. Barber ran the ball "angry", I believe Hightower was giving the Cowboys a little taste of that last night on the Redskins touchdown drive. I could not believe it when Choice ran out of bounds on third down on the go head drive in the fourth quarter. Luckily, Rex Grossman forgot he had Santana Moss.  Ware was a beast in the 4th Quarter as well
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2011 at 17:52
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Romo showed his heart last night... he pulled a win from a fairly easy loss and with very little help.  His offensive line let him down, his center let him down, his receivers let him down (most of the time), his backs continued to let him down, and, quite frankly, Jason Garrett let him down.  Last night was all Romo.  Yep, the season is long and there is a lot of opportunity to lose, but I don't believe it will be Romo's fault...
And FINALLY, Dallas has a field goal kicker again...

And they have one of the best, if not the best tight end in football in Witten.  Defense has been playing very well overall too.  I credit the defense with the win as much as Romo.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2011 at 18:00
I agree the defense kept giving him the ball back and made some crucial plays.  But almost without the rest of the offense (a few good runs, a few good receptions) Romo placed them in a position where the kicker could score.  I agree, Defense kept them from losing...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2011 at 05:34
I didn't get to see the game so don't know what the issues were.  Just know that Dallas blew a 24 point lead to lose in the last few minutes.  Sounds like they went to sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2011 at 06:13
For the most part, Romo went from hero to Zero. I didn't see the game either, but to pick-six's, dang sure didn't help...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic