OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best scope for Marauder .22cal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arion86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best scope for Marauder .22cal
    Posted: September/26/2011 at 16:55
First of all hi to everyone. I need some help with choosing the best scope for my Benjamin Marauder .22 caliber. Since I am a noob in airgun hunting i don't understand the X-XXxXX numbers meaning either.
I want a scope between $100 to $200 max, since i cant afford more for now.
I will mainly hunt, rabbits, hogs, and middle-bid size birds, so ill need one that is capable for long distances too. By long distance I am talking with the limits of the marauder .22 cal, "accuracy, trajectory, and power"
Please i need opinion from experts, or ppl that have a lot of experience with this type of hunting.
Thanks, to everyone for taking the time to help me.
Roni.

arion86 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arion86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2011 at 16:55

arion86 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arion86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2011 at 22:54
Any idea? I have some in mind :

1.NCStar 10-40x50 Grn Ill MD 30mm Grn Lens

2.NCStar 6-24x50 Grn Ill RF 30mm, Grn Lens

3.Bushnell Banner 6-24x40 Matte MD

4. Leapers 5th Gen 6-24x50 AO Varmint Rifle Scope, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle

5.Simmons .44Mag 6-24x44 Mte MilDot SF Scop

What do you guys think is the best deal?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 07:28

The X - X x XX meaning -  Lets swap variables so I can explain it better and say X-Y x ZQ

X - is the lowest power the scope adjust too.  In the above banner you will see a 2-7x32,  2x is the low power, which means when you look at it your are seeing it magnified by 2x closer

y - is the high power the scope adjust too.  7X is the max power of the above.  Things are 7x closer

ZQ - the objective size ( objective is the end of the scope that faces the target).  the simple answer to what this does is let in more light to your eyes.  it is depentant on the magnification range to an exent but for basic understanding just think of it as the bigger the objective, the "brighter" the scope can be at certain levels.

Now, of what you listed for possible scopes I'd scrap them all.  I posted the above scope because it is a proven scope.  While no specifically an airgun scope (paralax setting) and this could cause you minor problems with close shots, I think it would serve you well as a beginner learing the fundimentals.

Good luck on your quest, and ask plenty of questions if you have them, we will try to answer them the best we can. 
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 07:50
I have the 6-24x50 Vortex shown in the add beneath your post. It has been on a Webley Patriot and held up to the heavy spring gun recoil.
If you are looking to get up around 20X this scope would be a good choice. On your list I would take the Banner.
Doug
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 08:47
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

I have the 6-24x50 Vortex shown in the add beneath your post

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 12:34
DOH!
Doug
arion86 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arion86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 18:45
Thanks for all the info Tactical!! I guess with allt that info, now I am a pro :P
Thanks to tahqua too. I really like your suggestion for the price, but i just red the reviews and halp of ppl that bought it gave it 1 to 2 stars o.O

Any other suggestion??
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2011 at 22:56
Originally posted by arion86 arion86 wrote:

Thanks to tahqua too. I really like your suggestion for the price, but i just red the reviews and halp of ppl that bought it gave it 1 to 2 stars o.O

Any other suggestion??

I would do a search here for that scope. Yes some have had issues. But Vortex has excellent CS. For the most part I think they have been a good scope for the money. I was able to play with a couple last spring and was impressed with them. Enough so that I recommended it to some others who were in the market for that power range and price. According to the SWFA website it is 70% off at $99.95.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2011 at 14:51
Doug
bro.steve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bro.steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 21:09
Stretch a little and get the best you can!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic