OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Strelok for android

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strelok for android
    Posted: September/22/2011 at 18:20
Its free and has been dead on with everything Ive thrown at it. Anybody with an Android should download it. Its worth its wieght in bytes.
"keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2011 at 06:32
I have shooter but I load this one up and give it a shot... Ta da!!!!
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2011 at 18:18

SHEEESH...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2011 at 18:34
Interesting.

"Strelok" means "shooter" in russian.

ILya
scarface_usmc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 19:54
Da.
"keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2011 at 05:56
I've been using it some... pretty good ap with some nice features.  Definitely worth the download. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
lumberjack149 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2011 at 09:39
Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded it this morning.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2011 at 23:36
Free is hard to argue with! I haven't heard much about it and don't have an Android device so wouldn't be able to comment on it. Shooter gets a lot of press, so to speak.
Reaction time is a factor...
lumberjack149 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2011 at 13:30
Some more feed back after playing with it this weekend... The program is very user friendly/intuative on the controls (more user friendly that Ballistics FTE IMO). It only runs the G1 model for ballistics coeff. I dont have Shooter to compare it against. I have Ballistics FTE on my wife's IPOD that i use which has input for just about anything in the world you can think of, but the Strelok is missing a few of these (dont think it will be necassary to get you in the ball park or even matter until you get way out there).
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2011 at 14:09
Kind of strange that they wouldn't include G7. It's not that hard to incorporate more than one model. And if I had only one to choose it would be G7. Although if you compare G1 and G7 results out to 600 yards for high-power, the difference is tiny.
Reaction time is a factor...
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2012 at 10:12
Got this for my I-phone.  Works great and right on with my ballistic charts and drop tables.  Handy little item.  Yippee

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2012 at 18:27
Numbers seem pretty legit! Thanks!
Old Mil ftw
ken95357 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken95357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2012 at 12:24
I have the program on several devices: iPhone, iPad, Android phone and Android tablet (yes - my electronics collection is bigger than my gun collection).  The programs are really good.

I donated $5 to the author and sent a few suggestions which he was happy to discuss.  Send him beer money.  The apps are well worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic