OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS10X shines again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRON GUTS KELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS10X shines again
    Posted: September/21/2011 at 12:01
Really enjoying this scope!

I recently mounted the rear focus SS10X on my .308 Remington 700. I took off the weaver mounts and replaced them with a 20MOA rail mount and SWFA 30mm rings.

Super easy (even for me) to zero and really nice big accurate turrets and click values!

I took it out yesterday and checked its zero after I had cleaned it and replaced the knobs to there zeros... I was dead center and a half inch low. Nice:)

I went out to 200yards and put up 2 balloons roughly seven inches in diameter about two feet from one another pinned to a pallet.
A little wind from behind me so they wobbled some. Five clicks UP. I got really still and waited timing the shot and both times I popped the balloon!

I was able to repeat this with four more times!

(One miss I blame on either the wind or a tiny shift in the earths gravitational pull as it relates to the position of the moon and its allignment with uranus:-P)   

Next I'm building a 16" swinging target disc from a 1/2" steel plate for my 300 yard attempt with the SS10X.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 12:25
Nice that your still enjoying it. Keep up the good work.

Replace those ballons with clay pigeons next time for something new and more challengingWink
IRON GUTS KELLY View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRON GUTS KELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 12:42

Thats a great Idea, thanks!

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 13:31
Once you master that you can get a board and drill small holes in it, put golf tees in the holes and then golf balls on the tees, then shoot the golf balls off the tees. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 13:35
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Once you master that you can get a board and drill small holes in it, put golf tees in the holes and then golf balls on the tees, then shoot the golf balls off the tees. 
You first.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 13:44
what distance, I'll film it for you.
IRON GUTS KELLY View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRON GUTS KELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 14:21
Hell I'm looking foreward to becoming consistant with the clays at 200 yards...

Golf balls @ 200 yards I would love to see that!!!
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 14:36

I was thinking great idea until I saw the golf ball part. I just shoot the tees themselves. Wink
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 14:38
That would be the next step, small steps there froggy!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 15:20

what distance, I'll film it for you.
I did it at 300yds in 4 rounds. First 2 to to fine tune elevation and windage, 3rd round nicked it, 4th round was a solid hit.
I also did it with a 22 single shot and a Bushnell 4x 22 scope at night in a thunderstorm with gusting winds. Shot it while it was lightening.

Ok, the part about the 22 and thunderstorm are B.S., but it sounded good.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 15:26
Excellent
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 16:19
I can name that tune in three notes!    Bow

LOL. You guys kill me. I'm such a rotten shot I can't hit a bull in the butt with a hand full of rice!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic