OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best30mm tube scope for the $$ and pic of new .204
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best30mm tube scope for the $$ and pic of new .204

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kubitza123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best30mm tube scope for the $$ and pic of new .204
    Posted: September/20/2011 at 19:16

Ok fellas i'm wanting opinnions on what ya'll think the best scope thats atleast 10x with a 30mm tube and 50mm obj. is. I see there are alot of new brands etc like the higher end Vortex etc that i know nothing about. I have currently on my other custom gun a 4.5x14.5-50mm leupold x-III with a 30mm tube and alu. flip up covers and love it. But if theres something better out there ranging from $500-$900 i'd like to know what they are and why you think they are better for the $$ etc.

I currently have a 3.5x10-50mm illuminated Nikon Monarch on it . Its like new and may either be up for sale or a trade and me boot$ etc if someones interested in it as well. Its a good scope no doubt but once you go 30mm tube its hard to go back lol.

Pics of the new rifle. Its a custom mini-14 by Accuracy Systems International chamber in .204 Ruger. Has a full .875 match grade barrel all the way back to the reciever, custom billet gas block, tigger job,laminated stock, 3 pillar steel bedding etc. Shoots just under 1/2 " groups at a 100yds. See what you guiys think.

Also a pic of my new 45 Springfield loaded 1911.

kubitza123 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kubitza123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 19:26
well tilte was supposed to say 30mm
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 08:39
nothing wrong with leupold, def not the best. i'd look at sightron or vortex. you'll get better glass with the sightron and more bells and whistles with vortex for your $$.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2011 at 22:04
Have you looked at the Minox ZA 5?
The Ruger .204 is a great round.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2011 at 18:28
+1...Minox Z5
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2011 at 18:36
Why are you so set on a 30mm tube.  I am not sure it is all that necessary for you application.

Either way, I would look at Sightron S3 6-24x50 or Minox ZA-5 3-15x50

ILya
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2011 at 18:40
Sightron times III make sure it is the new tactical model as it is very impressive.
No one
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2011 at 11:53
Thanks for the info/pics on the ASI Mini; been looking @ going that way with a .204, but never saw one or heard from an owner. Nice.
I'm fairly satisfied with my $300 Super Sniper 20X, if you don't mind fixed X. Also, fwiw Sightron's now making their SIII in fixed powers for a decent savings in price; I have their (1") Big Sky 4-16X and am impressed with that brand so far.
Rude Robert View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rude Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2011 at 08:59
I try and by things in the USA, even if I have to pay more.  I like Leupold, I am tempted to look at vortex, but!
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2011 at 09:30
Originally posted by Rude Robert Rude Robert wrote:

I try and by things in the USA, even if I have to pay more.  I like Leupold, I am tempted to look at vortex, but!
Robert,
I am confused by this statement.
Many optics are no longer made in the US. There are a handfull.
Some Leupold's are still made here.
But USO and and PRH are made here in the US.
Vortex has created some great items, but they are all manufactured over seas in different countries depending on the model that you are looking at.
With the specs that you are looking for I would say the Viper line is going to suit you best by Vortex.
Or, have you seen the new Leupold VX-R. That also may be a consideration for you.

300 ultramag View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 ultramag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2011 at 21:59
i like the big sky scopes by sightron, i tried a vortex viper and did not like it at all.to me it was a like looking through a nikon buckmaster with very poor eye relief. i have a nitrex tr2 which is a weaver super slam on my savage model 12 bctss,it prints same hole accuracy at 100 yds and .20 groups at 200 yds
jehu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2011 at 07:40
I just bought a Swarovski 4X16X50 30mm AO scope that was NOS from a dealer for $1000. If you look hard enough they can be found for very good prices and the quality can't be beat.
junesongnow View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junesongnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2012 at 23:58
SPAMMER's post editted and spam content removed...

Edited by Kickboxer - January/15/2012 at 00:19
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic