OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tru-Glo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyblev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tru-Glo
    Posted: September/17/2011 at 10:34
I was given a set of 8X42 Tru-Glo binos for a gift.  They seem decent enough (not Zeiss or Swarvo) and what suprised me, is that they came with a Badlands Bino-Bivy, Multicoated, Bak-4, Phase corrected.  Seems fair enough.  The problem that I am having is I have an upcoming Elk hunt that I have already paid for.  I was looking at a new set of binos for the hunt, but I recently found out that my job is being axed.  Well I am stuck with the Tru-Glo's.  Has anyone had any experience with Tru-Glo? Will they stand the test of a western Elk hunt and will they work.  Any info would help.  Thanks
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2011 at 11:13

My biggest concern would be........is it waterproof/fogproof?

Truglo 8x42 Binoculars w/Green Finish Md: TG90842T, Compact roof prism design with phase coated prisms. Apochromatic (3-element) objectives. 4-Element ocular lens assembly. Long eye relief for use with eyewear. Twist-up eyecups with click stops. Clock-stop diopter adjustment. Fully multi-coated. Phase coated prisms. High transmission silver coating on prisms. Hydrophobic coating on objective and oculars. Waterproof. Fogproof. Shock resistant. Textured synthetic covering provides a non-slip grip in all weather conditions. Matte finish on the metal parts., Magnification: 8x Objective: 42mm Field of View: 335 ft @ 1000 Yds Eye Relief: 22mm Exit Pupil: 5.4mm Short Focus: 6.5 ft Prism type: BaK 4 Roof Weight: 22.75 oz Finish: Green Case: Carrying case & neck strap, Manufacturer: TRUGLO INC, Model: TG90842T

Edited by Bird Watcher - September/17/2011 at 11:14
kyblev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyblev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2011 at 16:56
Man, You have all the facts.  I have used it on several deer hunts in all types of weather.  Has not let me down yet.  Do you think they will work on a Elk hunt?  Enough power for spot and stalk.
kyblev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyblev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2011 at 16:59
Also, this came with a Badlands Bino Bivy.
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2011 at 08:39
Which TruGlo binocular did you pick up....the original 8x42 (traditional hinge) or their newer model (open hinge)? I just picked up the open hinge version last week and I have to say that I am frankly impressed by it. Ergonomically it is excellent and the image quality is excellent. Fit and finish are excellent as well. I will try to post a more extensive review of it when I get a chance this week. For the $190 I paid for it I cannot believe the combination of optical performance and ergonomics that it provides. In regard to the latter I do believe that only the little Swarovski 32 mm EL is better.
Frank
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2011 at 09:39
Frank,

I am looking forward to your review.  Sounds like another promising bargain binocular.
-Matt
kyblev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyblev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 10:28
I have the orginal traditional hinge binos.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic