OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS10x shines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRON GUTS KELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS10x shines
    Posted: September/12/2011 at 09:39
After some good advice from here I bought the Vortex 2-7x32 and put it on my AR with an armalite quickmount I had. IIt's friggin' great! Seven clicks down from factory setting and it is zero @ 100 yards! Nice.
So I then moved my SWFA SS 10x rear focus scope to my model 700 on SWFA 30mm rings and a Weaver 20 moa rail/mount. I Really took my time fine tuning my zero at 100 yards and my last three shots landed in a one inch bull. For me thats great shooting!
My dad shot three after me and on the left edge of a red one inch bull he put three through one hole!

So thanks for the good advice. I like that I now have no excuse for missing. My equipment out performs my ability as a marksman.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 11:43
Excellent
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 11:59
That is great news and nice shooting.  Sure is nice to have piece of mind in ones equipment.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 17:00
Well done! 
I too love my old 10x rear focus SS, Brother. Sharp Shooter

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 22:53
Just great when a plan comes together,Nice shooting!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
ebow86 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebow86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 03:29
Thanks for the report! Keep us updated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic