OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Cabelas Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejayex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cabelas Scopes
    Posted: August/31/2011 at 21:30
Anyone know who makes the scopes for Cabelas?
Thanks
The Bone Collector
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 21:49
Lots of companies.  Some are made in Chinese OEM factories, some in Japan, some in the Phillipines (probably).  The only one I am certain about is the Euro series. Euros are made in the Czech Republic by Meopta.
-Matt
MeoptaSurujh View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 01:14
Yes, all Cabela's Euro Riflescopes and Euro Binoculars are manufactured by Meopta.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
Vermin93 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vermin93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2011 at 07:02
The new Cabela's Euro scopes are the exact same price as their Meopta Meopro equivalents, which surprises me. They did not price their Euro binoculars that way. Not sure why someone would buy a Euro scope when you could get a Meopro for the same price.

I purchased a Cabela's Alaskan Guide scope on clearance 3 years ago. It says Made In Japan and it is a pretty nice scope. I have had really good results with it.

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2011 at 10:00
Given the choice, I'd also purchase the scope that said Meopta on it. I believe the resale value will be better in the long run. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic