OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

AR cycling problems with piston kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 10:01
Have you contacted Adams yet? they may be able to help without you having to buy that part
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 11:05
I have emailed them a couple times but not heard back yet.  Its okay, I was planning on doing this anyway.  I had all the parts I needed to build another rifle except the delta ring assembly.  If this does not work I will give them a call

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2011 at 19:32
Well finally got the new barrel nut on the gun with the plastic handguards.  It runs like a top now.  Ran through 60 rounds fairly quick and it ran very well. 

Took the carrier out when I was done and it was cool to the touch.  I think I am going to like it;
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Cody.e.Smith View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2011 at 01:26
I'm glad to read that you got it running now.  In the event that you want to try your previous hand guard again, double check to make sure the hole that lines up through the barrel nut and receiver are aligned correctly.  

I have seen a few piston guns that had trouble cycling because the piston rod was coming into contact with either the barrel nut, receiver, or both.  On the few that were in contact, it wasn't enough to notice when looking at it or dry cycling it, but was enough resistance to cause cycling problems when firing it.

As far as hand guard go that are compatible with the piston systems, the PRI Delta tubes are a very nice choice.  They are very light and rugged.  In my opinion they are well worth the money and if I'm not mistaken it will clear every piston system that is currently available.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2011 at 08:28
Thanks for the info, I will check out the PRI.  

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2011 at 09:40
Your welcome Big Smile

If you like what they have to offer, contact them and ask for Tony and tell him that I referred you to them and you should get a discount.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 00:19
Here are a few older photos of my MK12 with the PRI carbon fiber Delta tube to give an idea of how they look.

ebow86 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebow86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 03:25
Wow, cool pics, thanks for sharing!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 08:56
Cody, whats the weight of the free float tube compared to an aluminum tube?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 09:51
Here are the weights from the round FF tubes and the Delta tubes per length from PRI's catalog.

round tube with rails.
7" 11oz
9" 14oz
12.5" 16.5oz
catalog does not give weight for the 14.5" or 15.5" length with rails.

round target forearm without rails ( not sure of length but I believe at least 14") 10oz

Delta tube with rails
9" 13oz
12.5"  15oz

.308 round tubes with rails
9.5"  16oz
12.75"  18oz
14"  18oz ( not sure how it weights the same as 12.75")

target forearm no holes or rails
14/15"  13oz

They are making the Delta tubes for the .308 platforms and I will post some pics this evening of mine but I can not find the weights on them but I think they are about 1oz lighter than the round tubes.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 09:54
If there are a good number of people that look at them and like them, I can contact the owner of PRI (Dave Dunlap) and see about putting together a group buy for OT members.  Let me know if anyone would be interested.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 10:15
Thanks Cody
I see another build coming on.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody.e.Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 20:05
no problem beltfed. Big Smile  

we can never have to many rifle builds....lol

I am going to post more pics of the MK12 Mod 0 and my LR 308 with PRI tubes in a new thread so not to keep spamming this post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic