OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Concealed Carry??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concealed Carry??
    Posted: January/25/2006 at 06:34

How many of my brothers and sisters on this board have their states CCW?

Also, please indicate the state in which the permit is issued and your weapon of choice and caliber.

I have mine from North Carolina. I think all told it cost me $90.

Glad I have it.

Makes buying a firearm a snap here and I carry a Glock 17 Gen 2 everyday in a Comp Tac paddle holster.

Also feel free to state "no" and your reasons why you don't have/want a CCW.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 08:37

Yup, State of confusion, for almost 20 years

Primary carry gun NAA .32 Guardian that goes almost anyplace without being seen.  Often accompanied by a Robar series 70 Commander or an Oglsby Series 80 Government model.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

rem.308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem.308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 09:48
not yet in wisconsin.  the bill is up for vote for the third time i believe with 2 vetos under its belt.  i'm not sure if it will every pass even with more and more limitations built into it everytime.  only time will tell, but i'm not holding my breath.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 09:58
concealed carry means no one knows you got it.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 10:58
I'm in the application process now.  In Louisiana.  I think it will be about $100 by the time I'm finished.  I'll cary either my Charter Bulldog .44 or my Kimber Tactical Pro.  Probably the Bulldog.  I'm a revolver guy.
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 12:37

Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

concealed carry means no one knows you got it.

I agree 100%.

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 13:57

TX, Colt Defender .45acp. 

ranburr

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 15:02

I'm primarily interested in those folks that have a state authorized concealed carry permit.

Thanks for the responses!!

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 17:27

Alabama is a "Shall Issue State"

20 bucks for the background check.

Glock 23 IMHO the best all round handgun you could ask for. Small enough to conseal, Big in knock down department.   

Edited by Steelbenz
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 17:42
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Alabama is a "Shall Issue State"

20 bucks for the background check.

Glock 23 IMHO the best all round handgun you could ask for. Small enough to conseal, Big in knock down department.   

Wow!! That's nice!

I thought the Carolinas were gun friendly....... 

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 19:03

[/QUOTE] Wow!! That's nice!

I thought the Carolinas were gun friendly....... 

[/QUOTE]

I always thought NC was extremely un gun friendly.  When I was there in college you had to have a permit from the police to buy a pistol.  Ranges were a joke compared to what I was used to in TX.  The only nice ranges that I ever saw in NC were when I was at Ft. Bragg and Camp Lejune.  And yes, before you ask, I was stationed at both.

ranburr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2006 at 19:09

I have no problems with NC or SC, for that matter. South Carolina is a little more hospitable than North though. Police and sheriffs dept folks here are really cool too.

Hell, everybody has a weapon. 

I guess I consider them more friendly than some other places I have lived.

Izzman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2006 at 22:43

I live in Kansas and they are just now considering the legislation.  I think its gonna pass. They're also considering a stound your ground type law in which you can engage an intruder( i.e. shoot them )  and be immune to civil lawsuits.  This law basically states that you don't have to run from an intruder in your own house.  I saw all this info on the NRA website.  I think they have all this info on a state by state basis if anyone needs help finding out about their particular state.

anyway... just my 2 cents

Roll heavy, all the Time....
Popeye View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2006 at 01:17
California. S&W Model 60 (mfg 1966).  .38 Special.
cinna View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2006 at 23:20
how did you get a ccp in calif? the only one i know who gets one are judges and of course
a anti gun congressman named dianne feinstine who has two ? issued in san fransisco
and get to carry on a airplane when she travels from sfo airport to washington d.c.?
pisses off the cops at the airport as she get to go around all the screening!
while packing a loaded hand gun? is she special? disarm every one else but her?
a armed society is a polite society!! a lot of us carry anyway as a safety measure.
it would be good to be legal but i and others like me will never see it.
clamper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2006 at 14:18

SC is far from gun friendly they will not honor Fl CCW wich takes a major investigation about 3 mon. Photos,prints,and major back ground check.

South West Florida Glock 36 .45acp   Walther P22 .22LR  Derrenger 38 Spl  rugar single action .45 colt

N.C. is very gun friendly honers Fl. CCW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2006 at 14:21

Originally posted by clamper clamper wrote:

SC is far from gun friendly they will not honor Fl CCW wich take a major investigation about 3 mon.

You guys are hard to suit!!

I walked in a pawn shop in Rock Hill and walked out with a .45 caliber automatic handgun in about 45 minutes.

The only reason it took that long was that I was looking for a holster for the weapon. 

Popeye View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2006 at 22:11

Originally posted by cinna cinna wrote:

how did you get a ccp in calif?

I asked.

CCW in California is at the discretion of the local Chief Law Enforcement Officer.  Once you get away from the coast (urban areas) its relatively easy.

DogBuster View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogBuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2006 at 11:04
Originally posted by clamper clamper wrote:

SC is far from gun friendly they will not honor Fl CCW wich takes a major investigation about 3 mon. Photos,prints,and major back ground check.

N.C. is very gun friendly honers Fl. CCW

I am still waiting for my FL CCW to return.  It covers so many states, including VA, where I am at now.  It was more expensive than others I've seen posted.  $60.00 for prints and picture, and if memory serves me correctly, 130.00 for FL's processing fee. 

HK USP .45 ACP  It's big...but that's the point.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
Ronald Reagan
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2006 at 22:37
Iowa has two types Professional and Non Professional I have both,  the state pays me to carry their Glock 22.  Tomorrow I have to go to the range and shoot their bullets for them too. I just love getting paid overtime to do that.   

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic