OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Help for savage model 12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawgshooter23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for savage model 12
    Posted: January/24/2006 at 16:40

I am about to purchase a model 12vlp savage 204. It has the new round receiver. A bought a new Nikon Buckmaster 6X18 SF to get close to 'em. I have heard some difficulties finding a good base to accomodate the new round receiver. Can someone guide me to a good base that works/looks good? 1 or 2 piece..doesnt matter.

Also, what are your thoughts on the scope? I bought in brand new for $290.

Thanks

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2006 at 17:11

Great scope for the money.

What reticle did you get? 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
dawgshooter23 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawgshooter23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2006 at 18:24
It has the nikoplex reticle. It's not my first choice, but it was NIB on ebay and that was my only choice. I figured it goes for around $350 otherwise, and the savingsd justified it:)

It should work ok for pdogs ,don't ya think? I almost got a 4X12 rifleman. I think I made the right choice.

Last year was my first year pdog hunting and I fell in love. I cant wait to get my hands on my .204. I'm getting it this weekend and cant wait. The only downfall is the 60cents a round. Reloading is in my future:)

Thanks for your input.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2006 at 18:29

I've got one of those heavy barrell Accutrigger Savages, but in 22-250.  I use a Ken Farrell single piece base.  It is very well made and takes any weaver/picatinny rings.  For rings I use Burris Signature Zee rings since they allow for rough windage/elevation adjustments via different inserts.

ILya

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic