OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

RISING ABOVE THE ZEISS CONQUEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Code4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2011 at 17:17
dw0229, you have hit on the quandry that faces all optics freaks. Diminishing returns. There is no escaping this I'm afraid. I would stick with the conquest unless there is something about it that you find is really wrong. That is no fun however, as upgrading IMO will always yield an improvement.

When comparing scopes do it in marginal conditions eg looking into darkend room corners or at dusk. All scopes look good outside at midday.

The Kahles line will give you the best improvement for the smallest outlay but always buy the best you can afford.

I also recommend the Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x42 and have one with the #8 reticle. My son used this on dusk at 4x to shoot two bushpigs at 40 metres which were all but invisible to the naked eye. (We could not determine which direction they were facing or which was the largest). The 1st focal plane is a real bonus.

I have shot large game with a 6x42 at 40 metres and have not had a problem.
300 ultramag View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 ultramag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2011 at 13:38

man ive killed numerous deer with a cheap nikon pro staff, out to 300 yds.i now favor a big sky sightron scope but they are prolly too cheap for you they run around 4-500 bucks glass is amazing

Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2011 at 23:59
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Originally posted by dw0229 dw0229 wrote:

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LARGE PRINT,(I ASSUME THAT'S WHAT YOU MEAN BY SHOUTING).

Shouting is when your using CAPS for every single word you type (and your large font).

Wait a few weeks and you'll see Kahles available again on the SWFA website.  Thunbs Up

I would wait months for the Kahles to show up again.  I hope that they are going to have a budget model 1" tubed scope availble again?  I own a couple that I bought from you guys.
CDR3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic