OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

old burris scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote possum hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old burris scope
    Posted: August/17/2011 at 18:32

I have an old burris scope that a friend gave me, it is smarter than i am, which is not saying much.  It has some kind of range finder built into the power adjustment.  As you turn the power up the cross hair splits, but seems to have no effect on where the bullet hits.  I have it mounted on a 17hmr,  it is a good clear scope and i would like to know how to make the best use of it. Any advise would be a big help.

Thanks,
Possum
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2011 at 20:16

HEY,Possum.  WELCOME to OT.

I don't have much time to check around this evening but did come across this real quick. Sound like yours?

"I used to have a 6x18 Burris (old model made in Denver) with a rangefinder in it. Had a stadia wire below the crosshair and when you bracketed a deer back to belly, the range was indicated on a scale on the lower right of the reticle. Worked great as long as you had a standing, broadside shot at something."

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
possum hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote possum hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2011 at 21:22
This is a 3-9x and has a double line on the bottom of the optic also on the power adjustment ring there are yardage markers in line with each power setting.  Thanks for the info I'll do some more digging, this new to me, I have always been a hunter but am new to long range shooting.
Thanks
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2011 at 03:30
Found a photo of the reticle, seems to be the correct one, or..... ?
Does the scope have any number or name that will enhance the search ?

Gerry Atric
possum hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote possum hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2011 at 17:47
That looks like it.  I found the box today,  it is a fullfield, if that is the original box. 
Thanks
Possum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic