OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Small, lightweight, Quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small, lightweight, Quality
    Posted: August/16/2011 at 13:03
Looking for a small, light, high quality scope for a CZ452 American 16. 3-9, 2-7, or a fixed 6x would be great. I had a Leupold http://swfa.com/Leupold-3-9x33-VX-II-Rimfire-EFR-Riflescope-P3277.aspx on my CZ Varmint and it was nice. What other options are out there?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2011 at 13:26
The 2-7 Leo is nice as are the 2-7 and 3-9 Weavers. The 3-9 Weaver has AO.
Doug
jjrgr21 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrgr21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2011 at 18:44
2-7 vortex viper

i have the 2-7 weaver and it's pretty nice, and has held up to a 45-70 so far, but weaver's CS is not very good. vortex's CS is bad ass.

Edited by jjrgr21 - August/16/2011 at 18:45
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2011 at 06:16
Sightron BS 3-9 X 36 with A.O.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2011 at 09:08
"Czech" this out! 

2-7x Weaver Rim Fire on this unit. 

Edited by cheaptrick - August/17/2011 at 09:10
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
VYD View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2011 at 20:22
Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32. Ballistic reticle. Light, clear, high quality, lifetime warranty. Extra power if needed.

Edited by VYD - August/22/2011 at 20:23
FreeJersey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2011 at 08:56
Originally posted by VYD VYD wrote:

Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32. Ballistic reticle. Light, clear, high quality, lifetime warranty. Extra power if needed.

I saw that one. Looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with this scope? Seems to have everything I'm looking for. Size, weight, mag range, price. Anything better in that price range?
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2011 at 10:27
Minox ZA5 2-10x40.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2011 at 11:48
I'm a big fan of these myself. Hard to beat em.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-25-7x28-Classic-Rimfire-Rifle-Scope-P600.aspx
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Poodleshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poodleshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2011 at 11:57
The Weaver RV7 is the choice for a lightweight variable, but I'm a fan of the Weaver RV9, as it has an AO for short range shots, and a clear parallax free view at any range, yet still isn't very heavy. Both have pretty good glass, though only multicoated. The RV9 runs around $230, so a bit more than the RV7. The only downsides to both Weavers are the coin adjustments.

The Timberline is a good scope (fully multicoated), but 14x gets awfully dim in a 32mm objective. Still, it's a lot of power in a small scope if you have adequate daylight and don't mind the exit pupil. It probably beats the similar, often touted Mueller offering for glass quality, though at a higher price. It also weighs less, though both scopes are a bit heavier than any of the 2-7x or 3-9x models.

Leupold also has the 3-9x 33mm EFR model with AO. If you're big on the Leupold warranty and eyebox, that's an option that improves over the older Leupold rimfire models. It's a dressed up VXII basically, but otherwise comparable to the RV9 (both of them are only multicoated).

Sightron has an S1 rimfire 3-9x model that's priced around the Weaver RV7, but arguably has slightly inferior glass. It does have decent finger adjustments however, and Sightron has an excellent warranty.

The king of all compact rimfire scopes might be the SII Big Sky rimfire 3-9x 36mm AO model. You pay for it, but by all accounts it's a darn good scope with excellent glass.

Vortex has the 2-7x Diamondback model, but it's probably a bit heavy for a 2-7x variable. You trade better glass and adjustments than the Weaver RV7 for extra weight and cost. It weights more than the Weaver RV9 even.

FreeJersey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2011 at 14:37
Thanks everyone. I decide to give the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 a shot. Let you know how I like it when iy comes in. A little bigger and heavier than I planned, but not much.
pkt View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2011 at 10:56
Originally posted by jjrgr21 jjrgr21 wrote:

2-7 vortex viper

i have the 2-7 weaver and it's pretty nice, and has held up to a 45-70 so far, but weaver's CS is not very good. vortex's CS is bad ass.
ok dumb question - what does "CS" refer to? I'm going through the learning process and I see this alot within the forum. Thanks
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2011 at 11:00
Customer Service
bro.steve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bro.steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 21:18
I think you did right to go with the 40mm obj.Yippee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic