OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

some upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2011 at 10:16
How much does she charge??? Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2011 at 20:59
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I realy like that set-up Drew! ExcellentExcellent Excellent  I'm a fan of the thumbhole stocks and I haven't seen one like that before.  The ?Rosewood? caps really set it off!  If I may...how much did teh stock cost?  I wonder if they make one that would fit a Savage long action...... Smile

Impatiently waiting on finished picutures!!!!

Yes, they make it for Savage long actions.  They do them for about any action you want.  The stock I have, the black/grey laminate thumbhole (dual grip) is on sale for 134 right now I think.  There are a ton of options you can do, from wood grades, laminates, butt pads.  I would recommend you look at the website.  I highly recommend them. 

To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2011 at 21:13

Looking very good Drew! Are you getting her ready for Elk hunting? Nice to see she's still shooting well. She did amazingly well last year. I still have the picture on here that you sent me of your sight in target last year. LOL.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2011 at 21:35
It shot so well, i will get it sighted back in with the 190s, and then I might just stick that other round back in it.  I still have a few around.   i really hated going back to the 190s after the other ones shot so well.  

GEORGE WASHINGTON
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2011 at 06:46
That was suttle... Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2011 at 06:51
Thanks Drew I will check them out.  I bought my son a thumbhole from Stocky's last Xmas for his short action Stevens.  Exellent fit and finish, no tiuning required.  Stocky's didn't have long acttion Savage available.

I heard some rather scathing reports about both place's quality.  YOu got the press fit version did you not?  Did you have to tune it much???
--Thomas Jefferson

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2011 at 22:50
you can get 99% fit or 95% on most actions.  The M77 long action with the tang safety, they wouldn't do the 95 for me which I originally wanted so I could bed it with devcon steel, but if fits so well, after some minor mods in the action area (took about 15 minutes).  Had to do more work on the barrel channel to free float the barrel though.  And of course you have to sand everything for final finish and then coat it yourself ( or have a pro like my mom do it).  Big Smile

So far, I have been happy with their stocks.  I think they used to go by the name Elk Ridge.  My 270 is one of theirs as well.

I think I looked at stockys, but I don't remember finding a stock for the m77 tang safety like mine.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 08:32
Thanks Drew, good info!  I'll have to start saving for one..

Now let me se....where did I put that priority list?  Ahhhh here it is.

New Roof
Tires before winter
Propane for winter
monthly bills
additional CC paydown
crap that time again.....Xmas
Optics and hunting....A list by it's self!!!!!

I do believe I need a second job! Whacko

Well sometimes ya just gotta break the rules
just to fight off depression!!!   We'll see...Wink

--Thomas Jefferson

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 21:21
what are the specifics on your gun.  any particular style of wood, laminate or stock style you would like?

GEORGE WASHINGTON
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2011 at 08:27
Actually it's the first gun I bought, that got me started here.  Just a cheap Savage package gun
A model 110 in 270Win in their older flimsy synthetic stock with sporter BBL.  It shoots under an MOA even with noticable forestock flex.

I like the lami thumbholes stocks and usually lean toward a natural wood tone for blued metal.
I like your Gray/Rosewood.  it's a nice contrast that sets it off.  Think it would also be better hunting colors and blend better with the winter environment around here.  I definitely want tto restock it, it's just a matter of WHEN...Thunbs Up
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic