OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Living In Maryland...Pros and Cons...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living In Maryland...Pros and Cons...
    Posted: August/09/2011 at 12:51

"AND GOD CREATED MARYLAND"

God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired, "Where have you been?"

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael.. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth.

"For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor. Over here I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people.  

Balance in all things."

God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel , impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, "What's that one?"

"That's Maryland, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful mountains, rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills, and plains. The people from Maryland are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace, and producers of good things"

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "But what about balance, God? You said there would be balance."

God smiled, "Right next to Maryland is Washington, D. C. Wait till you see the idiots there."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 12:54
BuckyLaugh
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 12:55

Big Grin  We are special.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 13:44
Lol

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 16:47
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Big Grin  We are special.
Yes we are butr the neighbors are ruining the property values!  Bucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 17:00

And that's why I left.   Speedy
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 17:10
Then why did you move to WV?!?!!?  Oh thats right....NO property values! Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 17:27

What?!  If you knew someone?  Probably $150 a acre(1976).
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 00:03
God made Maryland, but the politicians are ruining it.  If you live in the Maryland counties around Washington, D.C., you are going to pay very high state and local taxes.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 08:33

Been hearing talk (again!) of the Eastern Shore wanting to separate from Md.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 08:46
Eastern shore is quite suppressed.  Mostly Agriculture or tourist income.  Tourist income is hurting Big Time cause of the economy!  Why would they want to split other than the farmers trying to get away from Maryland's poor support of Farmers and low Ag tax breaks.

Edited by budperm - August/10/2011 at 08:47
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 09:04

Maryland proper is too liberal for them plus,as with Western Md,they're completely forgotten about.  Guess they're willing to take a chance on thier own.  This is nothing new and won't happen.
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2011 at 07:21
Fantastic   
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2011 at 11:02
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Then why did you move to WV?!?!!?  Oh thats right....NO property values! Cool
 Yeah, a little piece of heaven for cheap.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2011 at 15:58

Maryland .. float Prince Georges, Montgomery , Howard, and Baltimore  (the bottom half anyway) Counties offshore ,and we'd be set ..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic