OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

vortex viper 6-20-44 vs super sniper 16x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vortex viper 6-20-44 vs super sniper 16x
    Posted: August/08/2011 at 21:39
Well fellas I am on the fence. I have a 10 x ss on 20'' remmy 308 and love it. I got a new savage choate tactical that I am gonna use for ringing steel out to 1000 yrds. It is not likely to be used for hunting. (Unless all hell breaks loose). I am looking for opinions here so dont be shy..
Dont take yourself to seriously
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 21:41
I like the 16x SS for that use, cause it sounds like you will be spinning turrets a lot.
-Matt
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 21:51
Thanks Matt. Yes I plan on giving this scope a work out quite often.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 07:17
Of the two the Super Sniper all the way.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2011 at 07:50
+1...SS
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 18:48
Well 3 votes says alot for the ss. My only concern is clarity, size of the cross hairs, and eye relief.
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2011 at 05:00
I own both. Trust me when I say the VV is lacking in elevation and knobs when it comes to Long range shooting. My 16x the glass is slightly less and I mean slightly. Tons more elevation and the knobs are dead on. My 2 cents is get the 16x ss.
Gerald Baker
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2011 at 08:48

Thanks Gerald.. I was wanting some info from somone who owned both. I want to be able to pop balloons at 1000 so I think I will be going with the ol reliable ss and it proven track record.

smlekid View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smlekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2011 at 18:23
Originally posted by 308 Sav 308 Sav wrote:

I own both. Trust me when I say the VV is lacking in elevation and knobs when it comes to Long range shooting. My 16x the glass is slightly less and I mean slightly. Tons more elevation and the knobs are dead on. My 2 cents is get the 16x ss.
I've got a 20moa rail on my Omark and get to 1000y with 29 moa wound on (308) I have plenty left in the scope clarity is good I can aim at the whitelines on the target at 1000y I'm very happy with mine
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2011 at 16:44

Got my ss 16x in the mail a couple days ago and I will have say I am very impressed. Glass is awesome clicks are super audible and the magnification is just what I was after. My friend has an old 16x ss and my glass is noticbly better. Maybe its just the fresh clean glass. I think every budget marksman needs one in their arsonal. Thanks for all the advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic