OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA Sweet 22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA Sweet 22
    Posted: August/05/2011 at 23:58
Was looking for a decent cheap scope to put on a 22 for the gf and saw SWFA has a deal on these... Havent really seen or heard much about and looking for some opinions
Thanks Big Grin
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2011 at 06:26
Originally posted by Rothstein1987 Rothstein1987 wrote:

Was looking for a decent cheap scope to put on a 22 for the gf and saw SWFA has a deal on these... Havent really seen or heard much about and looking for some opinions
Thanks Big Grin

I have a 6-18 Sweet 22.  Glass is nothing to brag about, but the bullet compensation is great.  Eye relief is CRITICAL, FOV is not very good (about 2/3 or less what I think it should be), and it "tunnels".  However, I cannot complain about a scope that consistently allows me to kill crows at 100 yards... I haven't missed one yet.  The first one I shot, years ago, was actually at 160+ and I can't ask for better than that.  I'm zeroed at 100 and it is under 1MOA.  Is it a great scope... No.  It is a workable, dependable tool.  And in the end, that is really all I ask of a rifle scope.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2011 at 10:27
Considering that any scope you have had that doesn't work out has to sit before Elvira for redemption. Says a lot on the Sweet 22s quality. (Darn, I can't find the right picture to insert here.)
Shocked
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Rothstein1987 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2011 at 12:53
Well considering that she will most likely be in the 50 to 100 yd range for her shots its not like the glass has to be impecable.. Its only a 22lr just a good looking one for her haha
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
blackhawktech View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2011 at 21:13
I have a Better Stay Away (BSA) sweet 17 and it is junk.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2011 at 07:56
Originally posted by blackhawktech blackhawktech wrote:

I have a Better Stay Away (BSA) sweet 17 and it is junk.
I've heard a lot of complaints with the Sweet 17.  BSA certainly has inconsistent QA.  I understand that they are making a concerted effort to improve on that and that the scopes beginning to come off the "line" will be much better quality than in the past.  I know I've been fortunate with the one I have.  A sample of one does not prove or disprove anything about a scope company, however...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2011 at 08:10
Well the one I have is junk. The top turret has three allen head screws that hold it on. If you remove it there are no click adjustment underneath the top turret. Poor design but what can you expect fr chinese garbage.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2011 at 08:15
That DOES indeed sound like a severe problem.  Did you try returning it?  My Sweet 22 definitely has Az/El adjustment screws under the turret caps...  How would they assemble something like that??? Bad, very bad...

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawktech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2011 at 12:22
No I didn't try returning because I had it for several months before mounting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic