OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

need optics for GSG-522SD (MP5 clone)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need optics for GSG-522SD (MP5 clone)
    Posted: August/02/2011 at 14:01
 Just picked up a GSG-522 SD and looking for an optic.  Considering a Vortex SPARC, another red dot or should I got with a regular scope (maybe 2-7x)?   Im new to the .22 scene so Im looking for alittle help.  Im leaning towards a tactical set-up over just shooting off a bench.  Not sure how far out it will be accurate, but im only looking to shoot targets in a run & gun set-up.  Shooting 1" groups is not needed, but would like decent shot placement.   Any suggestions??    Thanks in advance!
CageFighter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 07:42

nothing???   am I the only one with a GSG-5 SD?

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 08:03

I ran a vortex strikefire and sparc on a AR and like them both, easily minute of man capable.  Both would serve you well on that gun.  Another option that I just found is the optisan mamba 1-4. I just put up a review of it here - http://opticstalk.com/optisan-14x24-mamba_topic29849.html,  Its a neat little scope and I think it would work well on a 22.  The reticle would be fast because you can use it like a red dot with the illumination on. And you can still use the fine center dot for target work if you decide to. 

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 16:39
how's the illumination of the red dot during the day in sunlight?  I had a Viper PST 1-4 and the red illum was next to NOTHING in daylight.  Is this any better?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 17:15
That was the reason I did not like my Vortex Strikefire.  I could hardly see the dot.  They replaced it for me and it was a bit better, but still very hard to see.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2011 at 06:52
I had no issues with mine in full sunlight, the sparc, strikefire, and this new mamba all visible on the brightest days.  The mamba has the option of no illumination and you still have a reticle thoughWink
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 11:30
i shot a SPARC on an AR in bright daylight and the dot was perfectly lit up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic