OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles Helia C 2.5-10x50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amorsmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles Helia C 2.5-10x50
    Posted: July/30/2011 at 00:39
I have a Kahles Helia C 2.5-10x50 and was thinking of selling it...can anyone tell me the value....it is as new and pristine condition with original box
kahlesman
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 04:50
I'd say it's comparable to a Swarovski PH 2.5-10.  You might check the Sample List and online auction sites to see what they are going for as a reference.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 08:00
1. What is its condition?
2. Do you have all of your paperwork and receipts from an authorized dealer? Without that it has no warranty. This will drop its value for a lot of people.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Amorsmaster View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amorsmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 09:17
I have the box and paperwork and its in mint condition...can you give me a ball park value....just no receipt for when it was purchased
kahlesman
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 09:48
$550-$699 Used. There are some for sale out there NIB for $999.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amorsmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 10:16
thanks a lot....I was going to go to a leupold but maybe i need to review keeping this just due to optics quality and cost....i was just stepping up for more magnification at long distances and my old eyes
kahlesman
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 10:55
I think a 30mm tubed C would be closer to $1000.
Doug
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amorsmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 11:54
thanks it is the 30mm..i just about lasted the scope for 500$
kahlesman
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2011 at 19:44
I'd keep it or see if someone would trade for what you're looking for.   That's a great scope.  I traded a CB model in the same power for a Swarovski PH 1.5-6x42 w/ illuminated reticle.  I kick myself every so often for doing it...
Larry5000 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 10:48
I bought one new when they were on close out a couple years ago for around $600 - it's a great scope.  I would second the recommendation that you keep it - I also use a Leupold VXIII with comparable magnification, but the Kahles is far better in my eyes.  If I could, I'd swap the Leupold out for a Kahles any day, but before I got the Kahles, I was fairly pleased with the Leupold...for what it's worth
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amorsmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2011 at 19:38
I think i will sell my 3-9x42 and keep the bigger one...thanks for the advice...I will trade up for a 4-14x50 if one comes out
kahlesman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic