OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

have another question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: have another question
    Posted: June/08/2004 at 13:11
  I have read that SWFA owns the rights to super sniper.. and that they are built by Hakko...  however on ebay if you do a search for tasco super sniper a gentleman explains that his ss's are from hakko and that SWFA's ss are from asia optical or something... Who is right? Are they the same scope?
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2004 at 18:16

The guy on eBay is an outright fraud.  He is selling Hakko's off the shelf tactical scopes and using the Super Sniper's good name and reputation to do it.  Hakko has never had anything to do with the SS scopes, e-mail them....they will confirm this hakko@hakko-japan.co.jp.  Our SS scopes are made by a proprietary factory in Japan, the same and only factory that has ever made the SS scopes.  Anyone that has bought one of the imitation SS scopes has been ripped off because that same Hakko scope can be bought for a whole lot less money and it is no where near mil-spec.

Here is a copy of his fraudulent ad on eBay:

Description
This is a Brand New in box, 10X power Super Sniper SS10X42M with Life Time Warranty! Choose "Buy it Now" and get FREE Butler Creek flip up lens covers $16.00 Value. Built to NATO specs, it features 30mm heat treated and hardened Aluminum tube with superior quality fully multi-coated lenses, large external 1/4" click target knobs, side focus parallax adjustment from 10 yards to infinity. True Mil-Dot reticle etched in glass and protected by dry nitrogen. Strong as Steel! - Light as Aluminum! This scope is built to handle the recoil, whether your rifle is a .50 Cal BMG or a .17HMR, the Super Sniper will meet your highest expectations for a lifetime. I have been using one of these on my Tactical .308 for over 6 years and 700 shots and I am still amazed with the quality, clarity, repeatability of windage and elevation adjustments, precision no-shift point of impact and ruggedness! I can't say enough good things about these scopes, that is why I became a distributor for them. This model is manufactured by the original OEM, Hakko Co. Ltd in Tokyo Japan which handled the US Navy Contract for Tasco on these. Compare this to the Super Sniper being offered by SWFA which is currently being made by Asia Optical (known to have lesser quality control and poorer optical glass quality than Hakko). If you are not satisfied with this scope for any reason, return it (without ring marks of course) in 10 days and you owe nothing but the shipping cost!  Attention: Limited supply of 16X scopes now available!

Here is a link to Hakko's site where you can see the same scopes for sale to anyone that wants to become a Hakko dealer.

Here is a link to one of our real SS auctions on eBay.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2004 at 18:07

i can completely back up chris on that. that guy on ebay is a liar and a cheat.

cory

Degee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Degee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2004 at 14:16

Not saying anything about the guy on ebay, but I have heard that Hakko is an OEM manufacturer that will, and does make scopes for a number of Retailers.  I heard they were the manufacturer of the S&W scope, one of which I looked at and have never seen brighter optics.  What say Chris... is this correct?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2004 at 14:22

We might be owning the guys business "Hooker Optics" pretty soon.  Hakko, Bushnell/Tasco and SWFA are all seeking legal action against him.  I absolutely despise liars and criminals. 

No one is disputing that Hakko is an OEM manufacturer and has the capability to make optics of any quality.  They make scopes for a lot of big name companies including the ones you mention and they are best know for making the Springfield Armory scopes.

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2004 at 14:29

Hakko, Asia Optical, Light Optical Works, etc are all OEM optics manufacturers that are capable of making good products depending on how much their customers want to spend.  Some customers have entire brand labeled scopes made while others just buy components.  This is a common practice today in pretty much every manufacturing sector.  Get used to it, brand labeling is here to stay. 

ranbburr    

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic